Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

3d hints and tips/tutorial

This is my hints and tips about 3d, I hope it helps people.
    Contents:
    1. Floor Technique
    2. zooming)
    3. 3d backgrounds

OMG I CAN MAKE 3d awesomeness with amazing graphics! well no, they are stick figures for crying out loud. However You can give your animations a slight 3d look to them. I'm going to discuss three methods of this.
    1. floor technique
    the old floor technique, nearly everyone knows it. you know we make a line the floor? try putting your stick slightly below the floor. here is your result:

it also gives you more room in your area, think about it, just move the stick downwards and upwards and people know they are still stood up(unless they go OVER THE LINE)
    2. re-sizing: lets say you want one stick closer to the "camera"(couldnt think of a better word :S) to the other, or even more advanced make them walk to the screen. Well, every frame make the man you want to make closer bigger by a small bit and the other smaller a bit, graddually do this and you should get a result like:
    NOTE: i shrunk down/added by ten every frame untill i got to 170 on the coming closer one and 30 on the other, this is clearly optional.
    this would look alot better with a 3d background.

3. backgrounds(: i will briefly go over 3d backgrounds, they are very effective in animations and good to use. Where do i find one? make one. just squiggle around with a few lines, noone asks for detail. HINT: i like to stick with a bunch of lines to add to the fact that my people are STICK men. There is just one problem if your gonna upload backgrounds with piv 3 and that it nafs up the onion skin
    - a 3d background made by me in MS paint(note: this took me about a minute and anyone who cant waste that time isnt a pivoter.)
    - what it would look like in an anim.(except less raped)

You don't need Pivot 3 for Background, you can do it just as well with Pivot 2.2.5. The tutorial was pretty pointless, we know all this already and the zooming had no easing whatsoever, which didn't help. I guess the explanation was okay, could've been better. Try making tutorials when you advance, this doesn't really help anyone.
    [center:2c3hncn0][/center:2c3hncn0]

Enthusiast

Good explanation and everything, but the actual information is pretty obvious if you think about it. Nice to see that you're trying to help though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crono
    chuchuwaewae
    [A N I M A T I O N S] <-- 3 non-broken links
    [A R T W O R K] <-- all broken links

pretty nice, although most of it was obvious(just like the previous poster said) but to noobs, this could be very helpfull

Quote Originally Posted by stickmansam333
    pretty nice, although most of it was obvious(just like the previous poster said) but to noobs, this could be very helpfull
    It was originally made for a noob so i know what you mean. At least its helpful to some people I guess :S

Not... very... helpful....

But sgtill a little.

Old Newbie
    Uhm it can be usefull for newbeginners.
    I think ill say good work :P

My Thread - http://www.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?p=534118#534118

....O.......................
    .../|\...PivotRiko.....
    ..../\.......................

Old Newbie
    its nice and all but for a brand spankin new pivoter its a good bit of info

good job
    [center:2z0sijdr]As we wave this flag of hatred, you&#39;re the ones who made it[/center:2z0sijdr]
    [center:2z0sijdr]Hollywood Undead[/center:2z0sijdr]
    [center:2z0sijdr][/center:2z0sijdr]

[center:2z0sijdr]- Good Tutorials[/center:2z0sijdr]
    [center:2z0sijdr]HIT AT THEMUZZY YO! Courtesy?[/center:2z0sijdr]

Re: 3d hints and tips/tutorial

this could really do with some pictures. and were there supposed to be links? because its just plain text
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt
    I'm so pivot I shit segments.

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Re: 3d hints and tips/tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by venomous pivot
    this could really do with some pictures. and were there supposed to be links? because its just plain text
    Do not post in a topic older than a week.