Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Pains' nub tutorial of pivot!

Okay,so lets start off with the basics.

Q AND A

Q:What is Pivot?

A:Pivot is an animating program created by Peter Bone.It is widely used by many animators and is an extremly easy and sophisticated program.

Q:What?

A:It's easy to use and you can do some neat stuff with it.

Q: What does it look like?

A:Getting there....damn.You'll notice that when you open it up you get this screenCongratualtions,you can press a button.

Q:what does everything do?

Aatience young nub,I am getting there

1.you have File which allows you to load a background and clear it, load a figure type,an animation and save your animation up to date.options changes your overall width and height of the animation IN EVERY FRAME.Always keep this in mind.Help does nothing but bring a "peter Bone" and a link to his site.

2. you have your Timeline,this hold the frames you made so far,the one your currently on,and if you right click,you get the option to permanently delete that frame or to insert another frame(insert a second frame right behind the one you clicked)

3.Here you have your stickmen and "their arena." This is where you animate.

4. This inserts the frame your working on into the timeline.

5.You have delete,edit,color,flip size and and center.Delete,remove stick from field.Edit,we'll get to that later.Color,change color of the stick.Flip,flip the target stick horizontally.Center,bring the target stick to the center of the field.Size,the number represents the percentile of the sticks original size.

6. Here you can browse through the sticks you've loaded into your library.Add figure=insert into animation.

7.Play.View your animation so far.

8.Stop.Stop the animation once playing.

9.Repeat.Check/Un-check to decide whether or not the animation loops once it reaches the end.

10.Frame rate.Currently set to 16 Frames-Per-Second(FPS),don't touch that 'till later when your better.

You'll want something better than the default stick,he sucks and is hard to animate with,not to mention it makes your animations look horrible.Vist Droidz' stick section here.And please,for the sake of everyone who views your animations,dont get those cool looking ones.You think" hey it looks cool,maybe it will make my animation better!" It doesn't,it makes it worse.Over detailed sticks + under experienced animators=bad animation.Stick to bases(un-detailed sticks),because they are easier to use,and actually can look pretty neat by them selfs.

Thats' it for pains nub tutorial of pivot!Stay tuned for the more experienced version!

Corrosive like acid,addicting like nicotine,opening like a knob,and blinding like salt,A womans true heartthrob,and bringing humanity to a halt.
    I am The Pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Trist
    The information is presented very well, but most of the stuff is common sense, and already presented in other tuts.
    at the end, with the sticks, you so stole that from me ; ).
    How did he steal that from you?

Nice tutorial. It will help those who are unfamiliar to pivot
    [center:1qe2mlqj][/center:1qe2mlqj]
    [center:1qe2mlqj]Steam - ImplodingSmore[/center:1qe2mlqj]

The end?wit the whole "don't use detailed sticks.." thing?I HATE it when people are on youtube and use awesome looking stuff.I was ranting there.No copy and pasting,no general idea,if there are the same,cool,its a ginx,how ironic,whatev.I'm glad we think the same,maybe we could end up as friends,I don't want an enemy.
    And I know its general stuffs,"for nubs"People who just got pivot.I'm making a better one and a stick making one.Thank you for your nice comments,I will give courtesy,I support the golden rule.

Corrosive like acid,addicting like nicotine,opening like a knob,and blinding like salt,A womans true heartthrob,and bringing humanity to a halt.
    I am The Pain.

Old Newbie
    This is realy good for Noobs / NewBeginners!
    Great Work =]

My Thread - http://www.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?p=534118#534118

....O.......................
    .../|\...PivotRiko.....
    ..../\.......................

Re: Pains' nub tutorial of pivot!

thats a super nub tutorial selfs i am better than that i dont mean you a nub its helpfull for starters that start whit pivot sorry for this post forgive me plz
    SITE|OLD ANIMATIONS|MY MINICITY

>NeW ThreaD< Click on >NeW ThreaD< or nuby userbar( made by me ) for my NEW thread.
    Click on my sig. or on OLD ANIMATIONS for my OLD thread.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nub-Sig This time Made by ME! ^ ,^
    Click here to feed me a Rare Candy! ( his real name is : UberMasterKingz, not: berMasterKing )

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Re: Pains' nub tutorial of pivot!

Quote Originally Posted by takkivalki
    thats a super nub tutorial selfs i am better than that i dont mean you a nub its helpfull for starters that start whit pivot sorry for this post forgive me plz
    1. If you're sorry why'd you make it
    2. You also bumped...