Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Dedicated Member

BloodyBuddy's Mega Tutorial

Hello I've decided to start a tutorial so lets get straight to the point.

Here are the contents . Keys go as followed : Finished , In The Making , Not Started .

My Comments
    This thread is now open for comments ! I've worked very hard on this and , I'm hoping it will help new people . Look for the physics tutorials coming soon ! -BloodyBuddy-

Ok Here are the table of contents .

.::- BB's Tutorial Table Of Contents -::.

Basics
    Walking
    Running
    Easing

War
    Holding A Gun
    Stances
    MuzzleFlash
    Blood

Physics
    Basic
    Intermediate
    Advanced

Basics - Walking
    Start off with a nice little stick man in a stance like this or something Similar

Now this may be hard to tell but I moved him over about 2-4 pixels for the easing which I will explain later on

Now he picks his leg off of the ground a tad

Now he is starting to go a bit faster remember to make his arms sway

Not much difference between this frame and the last one

Now we are about half-way thru the step

Just keep going

Now this is the last frame before his foot touches the ground

Now his foot has touched the ground we are almost done

I'm not going to add pictures for the last few frames but I like to move him over about 2-4 pixels for about 3 frames for him to slide a bit and , your final animation should look something like this .

Basics - Running
    Well , running is one of the hardest things that you can do in pivot and something that I have yet to master . I'm going to have to post a pivot file due to so many frames and for the sake of the people with dial-up modems . I usually go for a cartoon-ish style run . Anyway here is the gif. file to see what you will be downloading .

and here is the piv. file Running Tutorial Piv. File
    I hope this helps if you need any other help with this running tutorial please contact me via. email or PM me .

Basics - Easing
    Alright , this might be a tad hard to explain but I'll do my best . Ever notice when you move that you start off slow then you slowly get faster then you slow down again . Well thats easing ! If you put that into animations it makes them look much , much better . Here is a example file .

Notice the guy on the left's arm stays the same speed thruout the animation so its kinda of like this
    |---|---|---|---|
    Now look at the guy on the right . He is easing his arm movement so it looks like this
    |-|--|-----|--|-|
    As you can tell easing looks much better and can also be used as anticapation for a fast movement .

War - Holding A Gun

Are you war animations looking like the 2 people above ? Well I've got a great way to fix that ! Its very simple really . Take the stick you want to use and edit it where he only has 1 arm . Then make another stick with a arm the same size as the orginal and place the stick where it looks something like this .

Still having trouble ? Then download the example file here <--> Gun Holding Example File

War - Stances

The image above are some of my favorite war stances . Its pretty self explaining but if your still having trouble download it here <--> War Stances

War - MuzzleFlash
    Well this is pretty easy . What I do is make 3 sticks of the same muzzleflash each a diffrent size and color . Biggest is the darkest smalest is the lightest . Here is a gif.

The file can be downloaded here <--> MuzzleFlash Example

War - Blood
    Well this took a extremly long time to make since I'm super rusty because , I haven't animated in about 2 weeks but , here it is .

Also , the pivot file can be downloaded here <--> Blood Tutorial Piv. File
    Thanks for the avatar/Signature, Ober.

Amigo, the only thing in this world that gives orders is balls. Balls. You got that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Simon - 300 is the sexiest film i've ever laid eyes on says:
    M'kay... looks so god damn sexy
    BloodyBuddy says:
    Yes, Trogan men were so sexy.
    Simon - 300 is the sexiest film i've ever laid eyes on says:
    Yeah, specially in their tight pants...

SX
    Fanatic Enthusiast

wow, very nice tut. I thought the running was the best, this will help loads of people.

-SX

Enthusiast
    Great tutorial. Nice blood. Glad you posted the piv files, but you forgot the one for walking. ))(*

Thanks KTU.

Enthusiast

*Added to the Master List*

Very good tutorial. You animate very well too.

Click here to find my latest old Pivot animations.
    Click here to find my good old Pivot animations.

Enthusiast
    great tut this wil defiantly be helpful to alot of people, nothing realy helped me but the blood did help quite alot.

Old Newbie
    Good tuto! .piv files will help me and another people. Good job!

nice jod, great tut
    "I hate it when people point to there wrist when they ask me what time it is.I mean do I point to my crotch when I ask where the bathroom is"

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig

intern door, i keep knocking but no one answers...
    very very very nice....thos tuts will help out a lot of people....the war stances helped me out a whole bunch...and i love ur style of running...cant wait til u update
    my thread- click here for a cookie
    i do courtesy

cred to coopm for the owning sig

Dedicated Member
    Very nice tut...i defintly need it :])

and congrates on making the master list ))(*
    DAREDEVIL IS MA BEST BUD
    Omega-son is awsome
    thx for the help darkness2_1
    My Animations-Corutesy?
    Join Acidflame and Omega-Son's clan- Stick Evolution!!
    Coopm Is Teh Best!!!

"I hate it when people point to there wrist when they ask me what time it is.I mean do I point to my crotch when I ask where the bathroom is"

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast