Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: BG Elaborated

BG Elaborated

[center:3rxoc7bc]BG Elaborated[/center:3rxoc7bc]

You will need the Pivot 2.2.5 Hotkeys and Chaos Crystal.
    Open the pivot, select the size of your animation and etc, then click "Edit", extend the window and use the Chaos Crystal to let transparent,the "Builder Figures", do not forget to change the opacity to 100 or less, should look like this:

Afterwards you will press "N" shortcut is to start a new stick, then we press "W" to let the stick "Static", reducing its "Length" to 0, so the only thing that will appear will be the point of origin, name it as "Reference"
    NOTE: We can also use this ball to fix the feet of the stick.

if you want to make a large background and plans to moving camera with him, you will do next, get a reference point and place at the end of the screen

open the "Edit" and put the stk that you will build upon the point of reference, I do it to make it easier to move your stickmen if they are many.
    A good example of what I'm saying is that
    As you guys saw I move several stickmen without miss the position, because I put all the stickmen upon the same point of reference

Now let's create the first part of our BG

Now pay attention, because this part is very important, without adding or close the editing screen, you will double-click on the "tab" of the pivot to change the edit screen for the animation, without close it, is very useful it when you're doing super detailed big BG, because you will be able to detail the 2 parts of the bg with a single stk, otherwise you would need 2

Then you add another reference point and will put it on the other end (remembering that it is to leave the editing mode "minimized"), to let the two reference points at the same time, you will pick up the second point that you added put on top of the first, and then move it to the other end of the screen using the keyboard to move the mouse, because it will give you precision
    is to look like this:

after positioning the two reference points, do double-clicks on the pivot tab to open the edit screen. Now we can do a big BG using a single stk.

Now you will place the origin point of the bg above the second reference point to make the second part of the bg

after that, you can add this BG on your animation, edit again and fill it for put some color

if you what to do BG's even more detailed, you'll have to reorganize the layers,
    but this is not so hard, don't forget to create a reference point for every construction, I mean, if you want to create one ground, one wall and building,
    create one reference point for each of them, this because if you need to rearrange the layers will not become a mess, as has happened to me before

This way of doing the BG's just the way I learned / improved and helps me, obviously you can create your own way

that's all guys :]

Final Result: http://yourimg.in/m/008nc12.piv
    Is no needed credit if you want use this bg on your animations

"Update"
    I was doing this BG for a huge project that I have and I remembered about this tutorial, so that one is really detailed, enough to show how useful this tutorial can be

First Part of the BG

Second Part of the BG

I used one stk to do the two parts, on the contrary I would need twice

Look how is fucking easy move all those stk using this technique, much more easy then spread joints

This is all the stk that I use for do it, I dind't finish yet tbh, but like I said, is enough

Special Thanks: Ipwnall

Veteran Enthusiast

Re: BG Elaborated

I wouldn't call that an "elaborate" bg, but it was an alright tutorial nonetheless. You could have went into further detail as to how to make it more elaborate if one wanted to, so that way more people could benefit from it. Nicely done

to do one really detailed BG I would need enough time to describe how it works, and my English is not very good to explaining perfectly, but I'm pretty sure that this tutorial will help, because I use this way to do more detailed BG's, the only thing differentiates will be the layers, because it will have much more and will have to rearrange them according to what you want.
    I used this technique to do this BG, like I said, the only differentiates is the layers position;

if someone have questions, just PM'me, I'll not have any problem to help,

and thanks man :]

Enthusiast

Another great tutorial. Good job man.
    [center:nqgfv8bw][/center:nqgfv8bw]

[center:nqgfv8bw]Add me on Skype: Valium_DD[/center:nqgfv8bw]

Thanks Valium

guys in another day I'll do one really detailed BG to show how it really works and post the piv to facilitate the understanding, my example was just to show how move several stk without get lost and some advices

Sorry about the double post,
    I did it because I done the detailed BG, to show how useful this tutorial can be

I put the images at the end of the tutorial, start at: "Update"

hope you like

You prove a good point.

~Credits to YongWalRang for the Signature <3~

My Youtube

DDC12 Preview

Nobody commenting on your thread? Feel free to PM me for some CC.
    Thanks Sharpshooter for VIP <3
    Thanks Firo for MyFiles <3

Why would you need the reference points?
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

I think if you have separate .stks as the background like a wall .stk, then a bench, then a lamp post, and they aren't attached to each other and the origin is in different places, then you would have the floor stick have references to where they were originally placed for movement of the "camera."
    [center:1unt1isk]
    -Streak[/center:1unt1isk]

the reference points help with cam movement, base placement in the last position without get lost and using it you can do a big bg using one stk and you will not have ground height difference, is really useful, not only do points, but also lines, connecting joints, I'll take screenshots and post to show how these reference lines are used, in a few minutes.
    soon as I can, I'll finish my new animation using BG and Cam movement, so you guys will see that I placed the stk in the same position even using cam movement, the stk will not slip on the ground every frame you know.

E: Sorry about the bad image quality, I'm not in my computer, so I'll change this images after a week maybe.

Reference Line
    http://yourimg.in/m/la8c132.PNG
    http://yourimg.in/m/jltaaww.PNG
    http://yourimg.in/m/72f2317.PNG

Animation Done, this is why you have to use reference points and lines
    http://yourimg.in/m/511nnss.gif