Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Presentation: Improving Pivot

Re: Presentation: Improving Pivot

Quote Originally Posted by Krustalien
    I know this is not really on topic, but I used the line tool in Flash here with no problem: http://www.truploader.com/view/201639 (unfinished, rough, unedited, don't juuuddgee)
    And here: http://www.truploader.com/view/663381 (same story)
    Just as clean as Pivot and not much slower or less accurate to animate with.
    I'd love if you posted a tutorial on exactly how you did that. This kind of stuff is exactly what people apprehensive about going outside their comfort zone need to know.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Personally I agree with him. Working hard to get through the ranks is okay for a while but it soon gets boring. Working your ass off and then seeing your animation top of the portal, most plays, highest rating, most comments. The feeling would be awesome- it would sure as hell make me want to start again. It's another dynamic to the community.
    If all the staff were to agree that this was a good idea to have a portal, would the chances of it actually happening be too low? I think it would be awesome, and I'm sure the majority of the community would agree.

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera
    Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Lympha
    , if you have a 10.1" monitor like me.
    what the hell? a 10.1 inch monitor why the hell are you using a '90's monitor like Darren said we're in the generation that's far advance to what pivot was initially made for by what specs were available. It's been a good 10 years(rough estimate) that pivot has been out. In those 10 years we've gone from 10.1 inch monitors to 24 inch monitors.
    Shut the hell up. Not everybody can afford a bigger and better monitor.
    And I'm not really interested in animating anymore, since I haven't gone up from medium beginner for 1 and a half year, but this might be a good idea. It's a pain in the fucking ass to animate at bigger dimensions though.
    My comment wasn't pointed towards you...I know people can't afford big screens...but you canbe reasonable alot of the screens with 15-17 in can bd bught for a merre $200-$400 range. I should of elaborated some more and stuff.

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

alot of the screens with 15-17 in can bd bught for a merre $200-$400 range
    Wow, those are expensive lol. I got my 22' monitor for 200 dollars. A 15-17 inch monitor can be bought for like 60 dollars nowadays. Lympha's problem is the rest of the computer too, not just the monitor. A netbook with a 10.1 inch screen is around 200 dollars, i.e. the same price as a decent sized monitor.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Quote Originally Posted by Krustalien
    I know this is not really on topic, but I used the line tool in Flash here with no problem: http://www.truploader.com/view/201639 (unfinished, rough, unedited, don't juuuddgee)
    And here: http://www.truploader.com/view/663381 (same story)
    Just as clean as Pivot and not much slower or less accurate to animate with.
    I'd love if you posted a tutorial on exactly how you did that. This kind of stuff is exactly what people apprehensive about going outside their comfort zone need to know.
    I agree. I've tried using the line tool but I can never seem to get it to work the way I feel it's suppose to. A tutorial would be excellent!
    "An expensive watch will never buy you more time" theminimalists
    PM for CC - My Thread - Reference Collection - Forum Rules

Wow, those are expensive lol. I got my 22' monitor for 200 dollars. A 15-17 inch monitor can be bought for like 60 dollars nowadays. Lympha's problem is the rest of the computer too, not just the monitor. A netbook with a 10.1 inch screen is around 200 dollars, i.e. the same price as a decent sized monitor.

sorry I'm talking about laptops...not individual screens. sorry for the confusion...I really need to stop doing incomplete explanations.lol. but yeah I was just saying he can invest in $200-$300 laptop with a 17' screen or so.

@line tool discussion I had the problem with line tool for which I end up having lines merge at awkward points or did I do something wrong by not putting each line on a separate layer?

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

P2k

sorry I'm talking about laptops...not individual screens. sorry for the confusion...I really need to stop doing incomplete explanations.lol. but yeah I was just saying he can invest in $200-$300 laptop with a 17' screen or so.

@line tool discussion I had the problem with line tool for which I end up having lines merge at awkward points or did I do something wrong by not putting each line on a separate layer?
    You left the snapping on.
    -

I just buy my computers in fucking America...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast