Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Realistic Acrobatics Tutorial

Re: The Realistic Acrobatics Tutorial

Nice tutorial
    |Forum Rules||My Thread|

if you guys need any help or advices add me.

Probably won't use this as I don't want to have a realistic style but great tut anyway.
    [center:23yq8c40]PM me|thread|Freestyle[/center:23yq8c40]
    [center:23yq8c40]Fallen kingdom: 26/1500 frames est. [postponed until I get better movements]
    Juke joint: some where between 200 and 400 frames/????[/center:23yq8c40]

Tychus Findlay

Quote Originally Posted by wraybies
    most people know how to animate a guy standing and walking away.
    Sure...thats what they all say.

You've never seen a very good back handspring.
    I've actually seen that video, along with the other 3 minutes of him tricking. I even posted it in general chat a few months ago. You proved your point, but the only reason he does that little jump at the end is because he chose to lol. It's not like he had to. And for fuck sake don't tell me I've never seen a good back handspring. That statement alone makes you sound like such an arrogant fuck.

Cool, don't ever expect a comment from me again.

This is a wonderful tutorial! The diagrams could stand to be a bit cleaner, but I certainly learned a lot from it. The examples (particularly the ones which show what NOT to do) are excellent, and the fact that you actually have .gifs of your friend doing acrobatics to use as reference material is awesome.

The one thing I couldn't grasp was your explanation of setting. At first it seemed like you were trying to explain that a freely rotating object will spin faster as it gets smaller (a person tucking their limbs in during a flip, for example), but that's not what the diagram appears to be showing, so I'm pretty confused about it.

As for this animation:
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1356161152.gif[/img]

It seemed to me that he spent a bit too long in the air too, so I did some calculations.

The animation seems to be right! This bothers me, because my mind is still telling me that it looks like he spends too much time in the air. This could be due to some small errors in easing in and out of the jump, but it's probably just my own eye fooling me. In any case, I think I've spent enough time analyzing it already =P

I guess the question to ask is: what's more important, whether or not an animation IS realistic, or whether or not an animation LOOKS realistic?

Veteran Enthusiast

How on gods earth did you manage to calculate that? Haha, like holy shit, that was a pure mindfuck to read.
    Like... how did you even think of doing all of that? 0.o

Physics! It's all just physics

I was kind of bored today, and the tutorial made me curious about what realistic gravity really looks like in a stick figure animation. I learned how to work out this kind of problem in physics class last term, so I decided to check how accurate this one was. It was a good chance to review some of the things I learned, too! It took a while to write up like that, but I figured if I was going to this much trouble I might as well show my work so others can check it.

Banned

When I see how much knowledge you guys have in animation, I seriously question if I should even be a Veteran. I just animate what looks good lol.

This tutorial inspired me to animate Acrobatics more often.
    Thanks for your tut man, I will release some Acrobatics anims soon

Mat
    Banned

Great tutorial. Everything is explained well and the examples look great. I think the only reason the animations look floaty is because it is animated with stickfigures.

Veteran Enthusiast

Agreed ^ I'm sure if you replaced that stickman with a human (Heavier looking character) it would look perfectly realistic. Because a human has all the features needed to be seen as realistic, whilst a stickman looks like... well.. a pile of sticks. No muscles or force of body shown in stickmen.

Tbh I don't even think it looks floaty as a stickman, I can totally imgine someone doing that.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast