Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: The Fighting Tutorial

Post The Fighting Tutorial

The Fighting Tutorial

-->The following tutorial was created in order to help people who want to improve their skill. I must admit that I donīt have the best understanding of this topic, but I will teach you the basics that are necessary to become good.
    -->All the people here, or basically the most, know that Iīm not a good English speaker, so please, if you notice a grammar mistake or whatever that it is wrong, let me know and I will fix it as soon as I can. I want this thread to be totally understandable. Thanks.

Introduction:

In this tutorial you will learn:
    -Basic poses of fighting.
    -How to control the power of your hits (The Bounce).
    -The choreography.
    -Fast combo chains and strong hits.
    -Actions and Reactions.
    -The spacing and how it should work.
    -Combinations between punches and kicks.
    -Smooth-Power.

The Poses:
    Spoiler:
    Every fighter has a different style that will demonstrate how fast or how strong his punches/kicks will look, and also how his Defensive Position (DP) will look. If you are not in DP, it will be harder to perfect your combo. When you are in DP, your muscles are prepared to fight, and you can cover yourself easier by blocking if necessary.

Entering in the Defensive Position:
    You can do this by simply spreading your feet out, widening up your stance, and moving your arms upward. Put one hand in front of the chest and the other to the side of the body.

The Fighting Style:
    The DP depends on the person's fighting style. There are a lot of them, and you can use them as references for your animation.

->Karate

->Taekwondo

->Kickboxing

->Jeet Kune Do

->Boxing

Hits and Power
    Spoiler:
    Important: Before starting a chain, be sure of what you are going to animate and how many hits you are going to perform.

Punches:
    To perform a punch, we extend one arm as far as we can, and the faster we do it, the stronger the hit will seem.
    Now, letīs see a short example:

.piv

So, we are going to divide it into 4 different movements:
    1.Charge: Power doesnīt come from just anywhere, it depends on how much we charge the attack. This is done by moving an arm backward. The farther the arm goes backward, the greater the build up will be.
    2.Attack: The momentum gained from charging that is used in the opposite direction. This is generally shown over the course of 1-2 frames after the Charge.
    3.Hit-Impact: During the time we extend our arm the farthest is the time we perform the hit. Our tendency is to automatically recover after hitting, and thatīs what helps display the impact. The amount of power we discharge is dependent on how fast we recover.
    4.Recovering: Getting back into the DP after hitting.

Chaining 2 Hits:

.piv

In a more detailed way:
    Once we hit, we automatically start to charge another attack while the arm which performed the hit returns to the DP.
    Remember, the stronger the hit is, the faster the arm will be recovered.
    We are usually looking at what we are attacking, so the stkickman should look at where his arms are going.

The Power:
    To hurt your opponent, you MUST show power on your hits, and the secret is on the Spacing, that is different for every movement which is performed. A strong attack needs a lot of spacing between the Attack frame and Hit Frame, while a Quick Movement doesnīt.

Strong Attack:

.piv
    So, for a strong attack, we charge more. The more we charge, the bigger the spacing is. The legs will always keep being smooth until he performs a kick. That means that the only parts of the body that spaces are those which are attacking.

Even Stronger Attack:

.piv
    This is the exactly movement as above, the only thing that changes is the Power. How? Charging and Spacing more.

BEING BUILT
    Last edited by Senzo; 17 Sep 2013 at 06:42 PM.

Banned
    I love you for making this.

Veteran Enthusiast

Stickied, this will be the next big tutorial. Thank you Senzo

Enthusiast

Thank you for this, this is really helpful.

Banned
    I'll surely use this tutorial for my fighting style. Thanks a lot!

Banned
    Cheers for this. Finally, an updated fighting tutorial.

Banned
    to make the hit more powerfull u can add little tremor, just a little and its giving very much ;d

Quote Originally Posted by horseradish View Post
    to make the hit more powerfull u can add little tremor, just a little and its giving very much ;d
    Tremors are effects, and effects are a good way to show power, but thereīs actually a way to show power without any type of effect, and the secret is the Spacing. Iīll explain this on a more detailed way later.

Glad Iīm helping guys! Thanks!

DD addict
    Ooouuuh! Now that's something I was waiting for. I'm grateful that you posted this. The only problem I'm facing is to figure out wich pose to do next after the 1st hit. In other words, having a hard time with linking hits. Hope you do something about it. I'll be waiting.

my god I needed this so much you can't even fathom
    We need more robots, people. WHERE ARE THE DAMN ROBOTS?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast