Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595135142143144145
Results 1,441 to 1,444 of 1444
    Banned

Re: ~Sharpshooter~ Heartbeat preview

How the fuck...

That is not a rhetorical question. How do you do that? How do you actually plan such complex 3D in a simple program? I've attempted stuff like this but had no idea where to start.

Banned
    I didn't get a chance to say anything about Transient Fear but it's crossed my mind quite a few times when I've thought of you.

I think the fighting is great. It's incredibly smooth and it compliments the 3D insanely well as a result. The effects are quite experimental but you managed to animate them very well. They actually display the lightning fast effect you were going for very accurately. I also like that they change shape. What really got through to me was the creativity though. I didn't pick up on it at first, but the dialogue had some deep philosophical undertones. It asks the question whether immortality is all it's cracked up to be. It's in our nature to be afraid of death, but should we really be more afraid of living? The immortal being wishes to be dead which sets the fight up quite nicely instead of a typical "We have to fight" or "I'm going to kill you because I'm angry". There's actually meaning behind it all. I can also now see where the title comes from as transient means temporary, so a temporary fear, which would tie in nicely to the whole immortality theme.

Heartbeat also looks spectacular so far. The 3D is the best I've ever seen made in Pivot (apart from MCToast's recent work) because you had a great deal of objects which also spun around in 3D. I don't think there's much to say here, but if you're still working on it I'm looking forward to it a lot.

I don't know if you'll read this comment, but I felt that these things needed to be brought up. I hope to see more from you in the future if you're still animating.

Veteran Enthusiast Sharpshooter's Avatar

Thanks Jojishi, you're actually the first person to see my animations on a deeper level and acknowledge the subtle messages and meanings in Transient Fear

I actually had planned to use that idea in my original Shadow lith animation where shadow Liths character creates the 'devil' and summons him to life from the dead, disturbing the peace the once dead character had and giving him the power of immortality. In the end Shadow liths character ends up taking control of the devil and forces him to wreck havoc in some city which is where dance with the devil 2 starts off.

Unfortunately though I had to cram it in another more simpler animation in transient fear where I couldn't add much storyline to, not to forget it was unfinished too However I'm glad you picked up on the little message anyway, thanks for stopping by on my thread after such a long time

So nice to see you're still active!
    How you doing man ^^
    D.A.N.G.E.R.O.U.S. A.N.I.M.A.L.S.