Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Optimize my RAM?

I have XP, and while RAM optimizers are effective in freeing up ram memory, I'd rather like to be able to assign certain programs more ram than others, so that they'd run smoothly (for instance, I don't want pivot having the same amount of RAM as flash)
    Any help?
    I'm gay.

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

You can set the priority over certain processes with the windows process manager...

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

That's kind of natural. Programs don't split up all your RAM evenly among themselves. Unless there's a memory leak in the program, pivot wouldn't use as much RAM as Flash. Most programs (with the exception of a few NORTON ANTIVIRUS >_> should only use as much RAM as they need.

So yeah, I don't see the point of that kind of program. You could do what Nev said, but I've tried setting the priority higher for certain programs, but I've never really seen a difference.
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

If you do as will syas , make sure that explorer has the same priority , or else your pc like dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    That's kind of natural. Programs don't split up all your RAM evenly among themselves. Unless there's a memory leak in the program, pivot wouldn't use as much RAM as Flash. Most programs (with the exception of a few NORTON ANTIVIRUS >_> should only use as much RAM as they need.

So yeah, I don't see the point of that kind of program. You could do what Nev said, but I've tried setting the priority higher for certain programs, but I've never really seen a difference.
    I know that programsd should use as much ram as they need, but they don't. And the ram optimizers I've used say I have 50% of unused ram or more all of the time, when programs like flash or FL studio lag when I have messenger and firefox opened also.

This shouldn't happen seeing as I have >2 gigs of ram, and no viruses.
    I'm gay.