Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Veteran Enthusiast

106 is fumpin', pumpin' up in this hoe, for sho, my bro

Xbox 360 troubles

Well, not really troubles, more annoyances.

1. When I try to play disks, it sometimes says 'Play DVD' instead of 'Halo 3' or whatever. Sometimes it is fine, others it takes like 5 goes of turning my xbox on and off untill it works.

2. When I sign it, it takes forever on the loading screen, so I feel it is easier to play a game, and sign in by pressing the xbox button on the controller.Is this normal?

3. My Xbox 360 randomly makes a noise like it is cutting into my disk, it makes my cringe.

So if anyone has any ideas apart from send it back to microsoft, I am willing to listen. Thanks.
    [center:3mdlh4lx]Fuck you. Cunt.[/center:3mdlh4lx]

Re: Xbox 360 troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz
    Well, not really troubles, more annoyances.

1. When I try to play disks, it sometimes says 'Play DVD' instead of 'Halo 3' or whatever. Sometimes it is fine, others it takes like 5 goes of turning my xbox on and off untill it works.

2. When I sign it, it takes forever on the loading screen, so I feel it is easier to play a game, and sign in by pressing the xbox button on the controller.Is this normal?

3. My Xbox 360 randomly makes a noise like it is cutting into my disk, it makes my cringe.

So if anyone has any ideas apart from send it back to microsoft, I am willing to listen. Thanks.
    1. I've not encountered this, you may wanna nag MS over it or try the xbox live forums.

2. Liable to be something linked with your network / network setting, I had this problem just recently when I had a slow connection the other day. Might occur more frequently if you are using a wireless connector rather than a ethernet cable.

3. I have this problem with one of my xbox's sometimes I open it up and its still spinning since I've moved its position alittle its not as frequent, however it has scratched one of my disks before giving me a disk read error. The best solution if you have a scratched disk is go and get some household polish spray it on the disk and gently rub it in, I found this solution on the internet and has worked tons of times, it basically trys to buffer out small scratch's.

Again try the xbox live commuinity forums alot of MS support guys hang around there.

http://forums.xbox.com/

~ Hope that was helpful

Veteran Enthusiast

Thanks for the help. I cleaned my disks, however it keeps happening.

I found this:
    Clicky
    He seems to be having the same problem. Does anyone know if it is free to send back the box?
    Also, how much would it cost if the warranty has run out?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz
    He seems to be having the same problem. Does anyone know if it is free to send back the box?
    Also, how much would it cost if the warranty has run out?

I had the same problem with my other xbox and i couldnt fix it anyway a few months later my xbox broke so i sent it back i only just had warranty on it so it didnt cost

Anyway i got my xbox back the other day and i tried the game again and it still doesnt work it says something like please put this in an xbox 360 to play this disc or soemthing like that

I lent my friend this game and when i got it back i played it and this problem occured i think it is becuase my friend went online with the game and it might of messed up the game so im sorry i think your game might be corrupt or something. try and return the game or return the console i thik its more likley to be the game

Byronic! Home of the mentally creative.

Fanatic Enthusiast

holy christ, this is whats happening to mine, the stupid play dvd crap, i hate it

its still under warranty so i might have to return it ;_;
    Elite Forgotten

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Bert
    holy christ, this is whats happening to mine, the stupid play dvd crap, i hate it

its still under warranty so i might have to return it ;_;
    Yeah, it is fucking annoying. Mine is still under warranty, but I dunno if I have everything that I need to return it.
    I have the reciept, I have all of the books including ( no.3? ) that says warranty on it, but I dunno if that IS the warranty, or is just discussing it. :/

Also, it works better if you start the xbox by pressing the button on it (not on the controller) and only connect the controller after it is on the main screen.