Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

My 360 hates the world

Alright, my Xbox 360 doesn't like Live.

My connection is pretty simple. Cable goes from wall into modem, ethernet cable goes from modem into router, ethernet cable goes from router into 360. It should work, right?

My 360 can't connect to Live while on the Dashboard. If I go play some Halo 3, I can connect fine, play other people etc. However, if I try logging on while on the Dashboard, it just fails. It'll sit there loading for a while, then inform me that it can't connect to messenger. No idea what that means, but it seems to mean it can't connect to Live.

If I go to test my connection, it works 100%. I find this ironic, given how there's a step that specifically says "CAN I CONNECT TO XBOX LIVE? YES."

It says to check my account information, which makes no sense, given how I can play Halo just fine, and it says "Connect to XBOX Live" whenever I play a game, meaning the Auto Sign-In should work. One time when I tried connecting, it told me to buy a new router, because mine might not be compatible. I really doubt that's necessary.

So, does anyone know why exactly my 360 can play online stuff like Halo fine, but can't actually connect to Live while on the dashboard in case I want to edit something I can't in-game?
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

I'm not too sure dont have an exact answer, there have been some live issues recently with the increased load due to people joining at christmas, not sure if thats effecting it, how you are wired up is fine.

I having problems at the moment with disconnects but there liable to be fixing things / adding new servers just like they did when halo3 came out.

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

I'll lock this myself, because after reading some various stuff (a board on Gamefaqs to be precise. I wasn't even looking for information about this issue, but I found it anyways) it turns out Live is just messed up right now, and Microsoft acknowledges it.
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]