Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Wii remote help

Enthusiast

Wii remote help

Yeah, all of a sudden, my Wii remote isn't working quite right. Ever since I was playing, I had my wrist strap secured, and I threw the remote, and it jerked. If anyone else has a Wii, it was just like when you hit a ball in Wii Sports, that hard of a jerk. The cursor will show up and work and everything, and you can move it around, but when I play a game, for instance, Wii sports, when I swing it in tennis or baseball, the racket and bat don't move. Any suggestions on how to fix it, since they might not let me trade it in for a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by BN
    sangwitches

Is the sensor bar being blocked in any way? Also, make sure the sensor bar settings in the wii settings = the sensor bars position. (above/below tv)

KRZ

try taking the battaries out, and like that should re calibrate the controller
    [center:3bfbn9pe][/center:3bfbn9pe]

Enthusiast

Also, make sure to be close or centered enough.

Want a sig like the one above? I am taking requests in my thread here...

Enthusiast
    My dad has already set all of those. It's just the remote I'm sure. Does anyone know what type of screwdriver can open the remote? My dad's gonna take everything apart and check it out.

sangwitches

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trist
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick Slaughter
    My dad has already set all of those. It's just the remote I'm sure. Does anyone know what type of screwdriver can open the remote? My dad's gonna take everything apart and check it out.
    im sure it can't be tough to figure out. There is 3 type of screw drivers. Try each of them and see if they work.
    No, there's a tiny screw and it needs a special screwdriver that you probably can't find in stores. I think they don't want anyone messing around with it.

sangwitches

It's a pretty advanced piece of technology, might not be the best idea to open it up.

You should be sure to try everything you can to reset it first. Try taking off the battery cover and holding the red reset button on the remote and the console at the same time for 10 seconds or so.

You might also unplug the wii from the power source for a few minutes as well, I had some controller problems once and that fixed it.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastmaster
    It's a pretty advanced piece of technology, might not be the best idea to open it up.

You should be sure to try everything you can to reset it first. Try taking off the battery cover and holding the red reset button on the remote and the console at the same time for 10 seconds or so.

You might also unplug the wii from the power source for a few minutes as well, I had some controller problems once and that fixed it.
    I've tried re syncing it, but I'll be sure to unplug it. Thanks.

sangwitches

Try swinging harder?
    I have a Wii and this hasn't happened to me, I would suggest just trading it...
    PS3 Network Name: Azadiscool
    Meh Youtube account
    Go here for my thread

Click on the pic to level up my chick!

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Nice bump you got there. Locked.