Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Crap

Devoted Veteran

Crap

I've got a crap load of viruses and am finding it difficult to get rid of them..

Is there some kind of option that can let me delete everything?
    Like all the programs I have and hopefully the viruses will go with them.

Don't tell me to just get some more virus protection, tell me if I can do it.

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Re: Crap

You could reformat your drive if you have the windows disc. This means removing everything you have and just placing the standard windows files.

Devoted Veteran

I bought this Laptop direct from a store already set up with Windows Vista, so what can I do? I don't have a disk..

I have an XP Disk somewhere, could I replace my Vista with XP through that disk?

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

If you want Xp and not Vista I think that can work..

But I've never done it so they're might be an issue with using it on multiple computers or something that I'm not aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Smore
    I bought this Laptop direct from a store already set up with Windows Vista, so what can I do? I don't have a disk..

I have an XP Disk somewhere, could I replace my Vista with XP through that disk?
    Yes it is possible, I suposse that you are talking about deleting vista and installing xp.
    Just one thing, its your hard drive divided?

You only need to access setup from the starting screen, and then delete the partition where vista is installed, then re-divide you hard drive (if you want) restart the laptop and insert your xp cd

Edit: However I find it too drastic that you are willing to delete vista cause of viruses, you should download ad aware, Spybot search and destroy, & avast or Karpersky and run them all, then if the problem persist, proceeding to delete vista/ install xp.

You might also take it back to the retailer, let them know of your plight, ask them what to do. If they are computer smart, they would probably suggest reformatting, which is what we are suggesting. Ask them if there is a way you could get them to reinstall vista back onto it, if you want vista again. They might help you with that.

Devoted Veteran

Ehh, it doesn't matter anymore. Spybot is amazing.

It's nice to know I can do it.

Lcock.

Supra - Locked