Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Some CD Burning Help

I have a burnable CD that holds 650 MB. I am trying to put Ubunto on it. The problem is, the Ubunto ISO file is 695 MB so I was wondering if there was any way I could make the file smaller. Any help?
    [center:spejwvlf][/center:spejwvlf]

Re: Some CD Burning Help

It depends. Does it matter if the CD bootable? The simplest solution would be to put the ISO into an encrypted .rar archive. I put my animations folder in there the other day, and it made the file 80% smaller.
    I'm gay.

Yeah it matters :\
    It needs to be able to run on startup.

Anyone know which setup files I can delete to make the file size down to 650mb?

KRZ

which version of ubutnu?
    and its better, to write and boot to dvds
    [center:3bfbn9pe][/center:3bfbn9pe]

Never mind. I'm just going to lock this. I ended up being a curious dumbass and installing xubuntu onto the disk. And then deleting my whole windows partition and now my system only runs on xubuntu. The bad thing is, my Windows XP SP2 is the upgrade version, so when I try to install, I have to have one of the older Windows disks just to reinstall windows now. So I'm stuck with xubuntu for a while (which so far isn't a great user experience, I was hoping for all the flashy things like the main version of ubuntu has but it's not what I got.). I have no idea how to install WINE or even install programs at all even when the download is linux. All the text is small and hard to read (even in firefox, I have to press ctrl+mouse scroll just to increase the text size in firefox, and it ends up messing up the layout. I just can't wait until I switch back to windows.

Edit: Well actually luckily I remembered I had a full XP SP2 CD from my laptop and just used that so that I can install my upgrade version of XP. Took only like 20 minutes this time though, very happy I'm back. Maybe I just didn't have luck with xubuntu, or maybe I should try the regular ubuntu idk, but I hated all the work you had to go through just to install and run a program. <3 Billy Gates

maybe u should get somthing that can hold more memory like a floppy disk or somthin.

[center:akkfv4h7][/center:akkfv4h7]

[center:akkfv4h7]"Fuck off bitch, I&#39;ve got legos to construct."[/center:akkfv4h7]

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by supaflyninja
    maybe u should get somthing that can hold more memory like a floppy disk or somthin.
    .... Don't post in topics older than a week.