Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

VIRUS PROBLEMS- live antispy

Im in diar need of help with this one virus that is extremely persistenet. It's called *live anti-spy 2.1(or some other version)* And it keeps coming back! First It installs itself on my desktop, so i send it to the recycle bin and delete it, but then it appears on my shortcut mini-thing(thing on windows, that tells time in bottom right-hand corner) And it keeps popping up a balloon that asks me to *check for spyware(even though it is one)* So I exit out, but the program pops up anyways, and I have the latest version of trend-micro pc-cillin but it can't clean my file. I put the file under quarantine a few weeks ago, but now it's broken out of quarantine, and I can't put it back!!! My computer gets slower every-day, ad I need it gone! This virus appeared one day when I left my coputer on for 3 hours, because I fell asleep. Please help me... I am in diar need of help =(

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Re: VIRUS PROBLEMS- live antispy

[list=1][*]Try a spy ware scan? Some very good free scanners are:
    1. Spybot S&D[/*:m:3peywgxy]
    2. Spyware terminator[/*:m:3peywgxy]
    3. Ad-aware SE Personal[/*:m:3peywgxy]
    [/*:m:3peywgxy][*]Try a firewall that can block the attack of harmful objects. I recommend ZoneAlarms[/*:m:3peywgxy][*]Your other choices are another anti-virus or a system restore. Not sure if either will help but I know AntiVir has a good virus detection for a freeware scanner.[/*:m:3peywgxy][/list:3peywgxy]

Quote Originally Posted by Nev
    [list=1][*]Try a spy ware scan? Some very good free scanners are:
    1. Spybot S&D[/*:m:2cfxhzpt]
    2. Spyware terminator[/*:m:2cfxhzpt]
    3. Ad-aware SE Personal[/*:m:2cfxhzpt]
    [/*:m:2cfxhzpt][*]Try a firewall that can block the attack of harmful objects. I recommend ZoneAlarms[/*:m:2cfxhzpt][*]Your other choices are another anti-virus or a system restore. Not sure if either will help but I know AntiVir has a good virus detection for a freeware scanner.[/*:m:2cfxhzpt][/list:2cfxhzpt]
    Nev has got it all there, out of curiosity did you download a programme etc at the time when the virus appeared? If so, you may want too see if deleting this programme resolves the issue

Also system restore is another option, i recently had a virus that my scan wouldn't pick up.

Start -> All Programmes -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System restore

Go throught what it says and set your computer to restart at an earlier point ( Before the virus appeared ) like a checkpoint in a game. This could well solve the issue like it did with mine.

MEn

Looks like you've downloaded a false anti-virus or spyware scanner. What Nev said, use a anti-spyware scanner to get rid of it. Spybot S&D is nice and so is Ad Aware. I really have no suggestions here except to back up Nev's answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by cold_sausage
    tht is a 2 word post pls add more 2 yor comment or i will report you to the mods

i dun think this is real just fake