Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Flash avi problem...

ive seen on flashes b4, how peopel have repeating movieclips in their animations... For some reason, when i export my animation as an avi, the movieclip is just the object moving across the screen... So it looks really weird. I want to put it on youtube, but it doesn't work. Any suggestions? And if i save it as an animated gif, will it be the same?

New Lunar Republic Princess Luna's Avatar

Re: Flash avi problem...

Do you mean actually repeating or a loop?

Spoiler:
    Late-2006 - Started using Pivot.
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.
    12 Aug/2011 - Returned to Beginner rank.
    20 Oct/2012 - Returned to DarkDemon.

MovieClips in flash only work in .swf's

They dont work in:
    .movs
    .avis
    .gifs
    etc.

In each of those situations they will play the first frame of the movieclip and that's it.
    To make it work correctly, you may have to record the swf with some screen recorder such as hypercam or something. But that's it.

Never really screen recorded an swf before, so I really can't help you there but I know for sure that saving the flash as an avi isn't that straightforward.

Change the movie clip to a graphic, unless it has actionscript in it it will work, its what i do when i need to export to avi. OR, if you really cant do that, you could open the swf and record it with hypercam or something, id suppose.

Enthusiast

K thnx all, ill take Skype's advice. :Yadda: i think that you are rite. I had better change it to a graphic. Because many of the animators that i know on youtube, also have repeating movieclips or graphic, so thnx again Skype.. And at darkrobotics, repeating and a loop is kind of the same thing, so that wasnt helpful at all.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1283673721.png[/img]