Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Firefox crashes, can't open it

A couple of days ago firefox stopped working. Every time I opened it it crashed straight away with the 'Firefox crashed' box coming up. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling the previous version, still crashes. I can open it in Safe Mode, but that's it and the only reason I really use firefox over other browsers is for addons, which safe mode disables.
    I really have no idea how to fix this, help is appreciated. I'm on Windows XP with service pack 2.

Re: Firefox crashes, can't open it

Perhaps try a different version of Firefox.
    3.0.9 just released like yesterday, I think.
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

Thanks, I tried and again exactly the same thing happened. I submitted a bug report but I dunno what that'll do.

Just so you know, my computer bluescreens a lot with the errors 0x00000024 and 0x0000008E. The day firefox stopped working, my computer had bluescreened 4 times that day and the most recent one had the error 0x00000050, something about a .dll file corrupt or missing. I'm pretty sure it was a new one, and though I haven't had a bluescreen since that was when FF stopped working.

Fanatic Enthusiast

This actually happens to me alot aswell, I downloaded the newest version on school computers a while ago got the same thing. I got it a few times on this PC.. but yeah, a fix would be nice.

I'm not exactly sure what your problem is neither.

However due to the nature of how your computer is running, I doubt anything done in FF will really fix your problem.

If the case may be, I would suggest you backup your important files and run a clean install of a OS.

However I'm not that familiarized with the errors your getting. So my answer might not be the best.

:c
    [center:2wtks7im][/center:2wtks7im]
    [center:2wtks7im]Anybody want to learn Python/Pygame with me?

Feel free to get a hold of me via:
    }-- Email: Hbattlezone@gmail.com || Steam: [DD} Hbattlezone || Skype: Hbz --{

Or just PM me [/center:2wtks7im]

Thank you for trying to help, thankfully I fixed it by disabling all addons and going through which ones made firefox crash. For some reason DownLoadThemAll! had randomly started crashing firefox, so that's gone now.

Again thanks, and this may be locked.