Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Limitations?

Junior Member GodlydudeofGodlyness's Avatar

Limitations?

Hi, I feel like... sometimes... I am limited to certain actions when I make a pivot animation... like, im kinda afraid to do something and see the outcome, knowing it will look bad, then I do it and of course it looks bad, i delete it, and start over.

Is having limited actions normal? I look at all these other animations that have chain movements that flow incredibly well, then I look at mine, which is 1, after the other, after the other... (Please note I am not talking about the animations I have here on DD, my newest animations are much better... but I still want to have fast paced actions and such, but I feel that I cant)

Edit, YES sadly I have been doing pivot for 2 years, only high beg/borderline.
    [center:2a7be6rv][Youtube][/center:2a7be6rv][center:2a7be6rv][Thread][/center:2a7be6rv][center:2a7be6rv]Courtesy?[/center:2a7be6rv]
    [center:2a7be6rv][/center:2a7be6rv]

Fanatic Enthusiast

Re: Limitations?

It's normal to have limitations. It's because you don't have the skill level to create certain movements as you would like. I have limitations myself...I have like 15 good ideas but I'm not good enough to animate them well.

As you get better, you will have less limitations. Just read tutorials and continue practicing pivot and hopefully, you'll get better.
    [center:24pu3o4q][/center:24pu3o4q]
    [center:24pu3o4q]Free Stuff!
    I shit you not...[/center:24pu3o4q]

Just experiment, if it doesn't come out how you want, do it again.

I had this problem once, I was trying to do a realistic martial arts kick, where the guy skips forwards a bit then high kicks into the air. What I did was opened up a new piv file and animated it a few times. Then I got it right and just did it again in the main piv.

Maybe you should try that.

exactly like me, i always do that, so it must be normal, i've been wanting to ask that question for a long time glad you said it.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Exactly what skype said.

Trial and Error.

Try it a couple of times until you get it perfect, then animate it how you want it.

Junior Member GodlydudeofGodlyness's Avatar

thanks so much for the help guys I'll try that from now on, I'm glad 1/2 of DD is helpful

(Requesting Lock, i got my question answered)
    [center:2a7be6rv][Youtube][/center:2a7be6rv][center:2a7be6rv][Thread][/center:2a7be6rv][center:2a7be6rv]Courtesy?[/center:2a7be6rv]
    [center:2a7be6rv][/center:2a7be6rv]

Veteran Enthusiast Sharpshooter's Avatar

What Skype said.

Anyway, Locked*