Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: meanings?

meanings?

well some people told me to do some stuff like ease it stiff my animations and stuff like that but there are some stuff that i dont get like footplacement? what does it mean by foot placement well this is the animation i just wanna know what it means by bad foot placement and where is the bad foot placement in this after u answer this ill ask something else....

i get really confused and yes i know this is a horrible animation thats why im asking meanings so i can brush up on em...and dont tell me to go to bahas tutorial i go there sometimes but dont get some stuff and yes i do go there please dont tell me to go there...its annoying....
    92% of all teens have moved into rap. If you're one of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, copy this into your signature.

my thread > viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62593&p=1055510&sid=98350a1053e0ea4a49fcb22e072b6962#p1055510

Re: meanings?

footplacement means that the feet should be staying in the same spot, and not slide all over the screen when they are not moving. Or lets say u do a walk animation, the foot that he is leaning on shouldn't be moving( it always stays in the same spot)
    It has to do with the onion skin
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Well, it's an important detail if you want to make an animation good and realistic.
    The name of the error pretty much explains itself.

Look at the stickmens feet. They are moving on the ground while they do a move, even though the feet shouldn't move. To fix that, just make the feet stand still on the floor WITH ABSOLUTELY NO MOVEMENT if the stickman is not supposed to move its feet in a move.

Get it now?
    [center:1x4wv24k]

Steam ID: jamieswhiteshirt
    BAD TRANSLATOR
    [/center:1x4wv24k]

Easing:
    The act of gradually increasing and decreasing movement speed. For example, try moving your arm back and forth. See how, near the ends of the movements, your arm tends to slow itself down into a stop? Try doing that without having your am slow down. Even if you could do it, it would look unnatural.

Basically, what this means is that you should slowly speed up and slow down things. A general rule of thumb is |-|--|----|--|-| with each - being a pixel of movement, and each | being a new frame. This pattern varies person to person, and even animation to animation. Animation is a very time-consuming art form, and you'd best get used to the fact that it's going to be tedious most of the time.

Foot Placement:
    The simple fact here is that when you walk, or take a step, one of your feet doesn't move. Not unless you're on ice. It's a common mistake of newer animators that, instead of making a movement as though they were doing it, they slide the stick all over, and try to make it 'match up' better.

You should always keep a foot in a stable position whenever the other foot is suspended. That's one rule. Otherwise your stick would slide and fall. Another rule is that feet rarely randomly slide around the floor to change position. While this is possible, it doesn't tend to happen often. More often than not, a leg is brought up to change position.

Stiffness:

This occurs often when animators become lazy. When you move a character, under almost no circumstances do many body parts stay still. During normal human movement, the entire body moves somehow, even if you don't notice it. A general rule of thumb here is to move every joint, every frame, except under certain conditions. For example, if you're walking, your planted foot doesn't really move much.

Overall, just try and do some things yourself. See how you react when you jump. See how you react when you move. Simple analysis of human movements can often prove useful when trying to visualize how one wishes his animation to form. I hope this helped.
    SA$_/AI%20has log[d in.
    > S&ys|BT
    > P_s word?
    > OMEGA
    >> A^e_%20_u su!e? (Y/N)
    > Y
    >> S##t m_ Rebooting. Hello, Samuel.

thanks all for that it clears things up alot of things up for me and now i need to ask what does choppyness mean how do u fix it? just asking....
    92% of all teens have moved into rap. If you're one of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, copy this into your signature.

my thread > viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62593&p=1055510&sid=98350a1053e0ea4a49fcb22e072b6962#p1055510

Veteran Enthusiast Sharpshooter's Avatar

Choppyness is something you notice during the spacing of a movement from a stickfigure, and it isn't exactly something you want to be showing in your animations. It happens whenever you move a stickfigure too fast without easing it, or if you are animating your stickfigure at a really slow frame rate ( In other words, fps, frames per second, it shows the frame rate at the left side of pivot, anything below 16 is too slow), and it makes it look as if it is lagging (sorry, can't really explain it well). The only way I know of fixing it is to either ease and space out your movements correctly, or if you are doing that speed up the frame rate or save your animation correctly as a GIF.

ok all thanks thats all i wanted to know now i need to check baha's tutorial on all my other problems....

Veteran Enthusiast Sharpshooter's Avatar

Thats good^ Time for a lock then.