Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Themes

Themes

I have tried to install a theme but when i click on it it just resorts back to the windows classic and not the one i selected so could some one please make me a clear step by step guide on how to do it please?

Re: Themes

Sounds like you need to patch your uxtheme.dll file. This is actually quite simple, there is even a program you run for it here - http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-En ... inal.shtml (assuming you're running XP, it's just a quick search to find the right one).
    The safest way would probably be to use UxStyle which which does the same job and doesn't require registry fiddling. I've been using it since my computer wouldn't let me patch my uxtheme.dll file and it's working just swell.

Quote Originally Posted by Niall
    Sounds like you need to patch your uxtheme.dll file. This is actually quite simple, there is even a program you run for it here - http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-En ... inal.shtml (assuming you're running XP, it's just a quick search to find the right one).
    The safest way would probably be to use UxStyle which which does the same job and doesn't require registry fiddling. I've been using it since my computer wouldn't let me patch my uxtheme.dll file and it's working just swell.

There's a higher chance of you fucking up your computer by using UxStyle.

Iv got the patched thing.