Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

CoD4 For PC Won't Uninstall

Well, I've had Call of Duty 4 for my laptop for quite some time now...it runs perfectly well but here is the thing.

A while back, I uninstalled the game and what was left was a custom map that I downloaded and some other files that were related to the map that I downloaded.

I found the disc yesterday while I was moving my bed around and naturally...it was near my stereo, so today...before work, I found my CD Case which has my CD Key and all, so when I got home...I wanted to install the game, now here is where my problem sets in.

The game seems to already installed, I have no option to install the game, only this:

Play Multiplayer
    Play Single Player

So I thought I'd try it, and it didn't work whatsoever, but there is an uninstallation button...but I tried that as well and Call of Duty 4 closes down, the computer speeds up for a second, then nothing happens, whereas usually it shows a pop-up window saying that the game was completely uninstalled.

The game doesn't appear in the add or remove area, and I deleted the folder since it only had mp_afterchernobyl which was a map that I downloaded for multiplayer.

I need help so I can play the game that costed me about 50 dollars as soon as possible. Also, yes...I did use google, and I got nothing.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Devoted Veteran

Re: CoD4 For PC Won't Uninstall

Clean this folder: C:\ Program Files\ Install Shield Information\ the folder should be somewhere in that directory..

Or try downloading Revo uninstaller, install it and run it. Open it, wait for the list to be loaded. Then if you can see Call of Duty 4 in the list right click on it and choose uninstall, click next, a list should appear choose select all, and click delete
    click next and do the same as before if there is a second list when done restart your laptop and then reinstall the game again.
    If for a reason there is no Call of Duty 4 in the list, download CCleaner and use it to clean the missing registry.

http://revouninstaller.com/revosetup.exe

http://ccleaner.com/download

Installed Revo, I don't see Call of Duty 4 on the list at all...and yes, it is loaded :c.

Devoted Veteran

Uhhmm...

Did you try the first suggestion? Try finding the folder containing all of the cod4 shit and delete it, then reinstall.

There is no folder in my program files with Install Shield in it.

Devoted Veteran

Laptop, right..

Well, I'm not sure, then. Sorry.

Found a fix to my problem.

Explored the DVD in the DVD Drive and ran the Setup.exe through manual...works now.