Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Self Publishing

Self Publishing

Well, a friend of mine decided to write a book and I designed the cover for her. She has requested me figure out how we can make it into an actual book and I am having some trouble. I want to start out just printing off a normal looking book and handing them out to friends for a small fee. Then, after a while, I would like to get a professional to kind of... Put the book out there. So that people all over the country will get to read it. However, we are only teenagers with limited budgets. I wanted to see if maybe Staples or Kinkos would be able to make a book out of the text I give them, but I haven't had a chance. Anyway, do you guys have any suggestions? Right now we are in the process of editing the book. Her dad and I are going through it with her,fixing some spelling/grammar issues, and we're asking her to re-word sentences--like some online guides say. Thanks, DD.

Re: Self Publishing

You wont be able to publish your own book across the world on a "limited budget". It also depends on the printing method you use.

If you want to get professional, send a copy of the book to a publishers. Google it, you can find loads.

Enthusiast

Hmmmm....
    Two options, Do what Skype said, find a publisher to send it to, or make it into something small first, like a .pdf file, give the DL out of 3.99 or whatever you want it, and if people like it, start spending money by getting it printed very nice.

But w/e, Don't listen to me. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tytan
    D:
    you got to joint with chain?
    lucky.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1268074266.gif[/img]
    jOiN tHe sAw c0lLab! ^^

I don't want to publish it right now, I just want to print it off. Like a real book.

Unless you do it at school on normal paper when no one's looking, and staple it together or something, it's not going to happen on a small budget.

Will it cost money to send it to a publisher? How do I know that the publisher is legit?

I don't think it costs to get it sent to a publisher. And I dunno, normally if they have a proper website with contact details it's legit.

Ok, thanks.
    Can we keep this unlocked for future publishing questions?