Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

rotation and gradient

how do you rotate an object in flash cs4? and how to use the gradient?

Re: rotation and gradient

um im not sure but i think its either in one of the drop downs or the right click :/

what do you mean?

The drop downs as in tools ect and the right click as ing the button on your mouse <.<

Quote Originally Posted by .Alex
    The drop downs as in tools ect and the right click as ing the button on your mouse <.<
    Have you ever used flash? ._.

Anyways, to rotate your selection you need to use the free transform tool. It's the icon in the tools menu that looks like a little rectangle with dots and a cursor on it. Click on it once you've selected what you want to rotate and at the corners of the box that now surrounds it your cursor will change to a little rotator. Hold down and drag it to rotate.

For a gradient the fastest way is to go to the Color panel in flash, and change the dropdown from Solid to either Linear or Radial, and adjust the values in the mixer. You can do this with a selection or just fill it with the bucket tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Niall
    Quote Originally Posted by .Alex
    Have you ever used flash? ._.

Anyways, to rotate your selection you need to use the free transform tool. It's the icon in the tools menu that looks like a little rectangle with dots and a cursor on it. Click on it once you've selected what you want to rotate and at the corners of the box that now surrounds it your cursor will change to a little rotator. Hold down and drag it to rotate.

For a gradient the fastest way is to go to the Color panel in flash, and change the dropdown from Solid to either Linear or Radial, and adjust the values in the mixer. You can do this with a selection or just fill it with the bucket tool.
    aha! thats what i was looking for. thanks alot! now i just need to figure out how to make a gradient.

I'm might be wrong with this, being as I don't have any more trial left to experiment with, but to make a gradient, you (using the detailed way, instead of the quick way Niall described)

1. Make sure that the background you want is selected (double click it with the selection tool if it isn't selected)

2.go to the Window menu, then to color, and (make sure the Fill Color is selected) and in the Type drop down menu, click linear.

3. There should be a colored line below that, with house-shaped icons at both the left and right ends of the colors (should start off as black at the left, and white at the right)

4. Double-click the house at the left, and choose the color you want.

5. do the same thing with the other house

6. after you close out of the color menu, your background should be a gradient going from left to right. to rotate it, use the free transform tool and rotate it. (there is a certain way to do it, but I just rotate it using the free transform tool)

7. EXTRA: to align the background to the screen, go to the align menu inside Window.

8. EXTRA: Click Align to left edge, and also click Align to top. This is your personal preference, but align to left and top edge work best for me.

Courtesy (if courtesy rules applies here)
    [center:s1g75gto]"I rather tell thee what is to be feared than what I fear; for always I am Caesar"

Steam Username: Blitzkrieg ( Add CrashClosed54 )[/center:s1g75gto]

Lol look up the codes on youtube... can you actually believe that they haven't deleted the codes yet <.< and yes i do have flash but i couldn't be bothered going into it to find out

ok got the info i needed. LOCK PLZ!

Ok.

Locked.
    Xbox Live: SchmittyBoss07 | Steam: SchmittyBoss | 3DS FC: 4141-3049-1601
    Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.