Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Baha Baha Bahaaaaaaa!!

Eveyone suggests to most new people to go and check out bahas tutorial
    I went, I looked, I GOT CONFUSED
    It may be better if the links worked,is there something wrong with pivothost?
    Anyway people tell you to go to look at easing and stiffness.
    Easing is easy to understand he explaind that well.
    Are you meant to use easing all the time or just for fast moving objects?
    But the stiffness people say move everyjoint everyframe.
    But the thing is in real life you dont always move every joint every second
    Plus if a figure only has 2 joints how can you make one do a big movement then one with a small.
    Did i just read it all wrong or am i missing something
    Can someone explain it to me.
    [center:251ki39s]SHARE THE LOVE!!![/center:251ki39s]
    [center:251ki39s]MY THREAD!![/center:251ki39s]

Re: Baha Baha Bahaaaaaaa!!

Ok don't listen to all those new noobs out there. Everyone will jsut tell you "work on easing, move every joint, and your animation's are stiff"
    I hate that.

I'll try to explain it better
    -Easing: deals with momentum. You start out slow, you go faster, and then end slower.
    It is used in SOME movements, but not in all. For example, you wouldn't need it in a loop, since it is never ending. You don't need easing in a run, only if you start out with the guy standing up. Easing is basicaly doing small, slow movements, and then going into more faster ones.

-Move every joint: makes your animation smoother. But it is not needed in every movement. In running, walking, and a few other movements it's not needed to move every joint. In real life your back isn't made of jelly.
    This is if you are going for realistic movements, if you want your animations to look kind of flowy, i sugest moving more joints, but i don't do this.

I would sugest going and reading Crono's tutorial. It's for inter and up, but i think you will understand it. It's a great tut and explains everything really good, for realistic movements.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyo
    Ok don't listen to all those new noobs out there. Everyone will jsut tell you "work on easing, move every joint, and your animation's are stiff"
    I hate that.

I'll try to explain it better
    -Easing: deals with momentum. You start out slow, you go faster, and then end slower.
    It is used in SOME movements, but not in all. For example, you wouldn't need it in a loop, since it is never ending. You don't need easing in a run, only if you start out with the guy standing up. Easing is basicaly doing small, slow movements, and then going into more faster ones.

-Move every joint: makes your animation smoother. But it is not needed in every movement. In running, walking, and a few other movements it's not needed to move every joint. In real life your back isn't made of jelly.
    This is if you are going for realistic movements, if you want your animations to look kind of flowy, i sugest moving more joints, but i don't do this.

I would sugest going and reading Crono's tutorial. It's for inter and up, but i think you will understand it. It's a great tut and explains everything really good, for realistic movements.
    ^^^
    True.
    viewtopic.php?f=36&t=64287
    Crono's tutorial is much understandable of Baha's tutorial of members consistently gets lazy and reading the whole tutorial from step to step.
    [centerlooshnx]
    -[Youtube Channel]-[/centerlooshnx]

Veteran Enthusiast Sharpshooter's Avatar

It may be better if the links worked,is there something wrong with pivothost?
    Pivothost got fucked, so no pivothost links will work.

Are you meant to use easing all the time or just for fast moving objects?
    When ever, it's mostly used to produce smooth and good movements, if a stick figure is punching or whatever, you should be slowly easing it, so the turn out will be smooth and realistic.

But the stiffness people say move everyjoint everyframe.
    But the thing is in real life you dont always move every joint every second
    Pivot is not real life. Moving every joint at the right time will make your animation look very good and flexable, however moving the joints too much can make your movements way too shakey.

Also moved to Help Center* Questions belong there.