Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Enthusiast

Jerky Cursor/mouse

Alright, I need some help with my mouse. About a week ago my mouse started jerking about every know and then and it just happens more and more.
    What happens is when I try to move my mouse sometimes, It stops for a second and then moves to where it should of moved too instead of stopping before it did.

The mouse is an optical, cordless mouse from logitech. I've had it for a good 2 years or more and before that my dad had it.

I've tried switching the receivers usb port, cleaning out the mouse, moving the mouse closer the receiver and nothing works, I mean the jerkiness doesn't happen as often when It's closer but I mean I'm not even a foot away from it. I've also tried installing the drivers and that doesn't help either.

I also think It happens more when the computer is under load.

Please help me fix this problem .

Re: Jerky Cursor/mouse

Replace the batteries?

Devoted Veteran

^ Yeah, that's what I was going to say. It's probably just losing it's connection occasionally.

To be honest I would just get a nice lazor cord mouse with a long cord.. They tend to be a lot more precise, and you don't need to worry about batteries and stuff.
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]

Enthusiast

Tried that, the battery manufacturer doesn't make a difference either.

I'm using this technika mouse for now but the one thats messing up I'd really like to use because it has alot of buttons including side to side scroll and an ergonomic design :/.

What ipwnall said is good, corded mouses will last forever if you look after them, and you can get ones with loads of buttons.

And if you splash out a bit more ( 15-30 ) you can get REALLY nice corded mouses.

Ray
    Dedicated Member

Well, first of all, what are you doing when it starts to jerk off (ew?)?
    If you're playing a game or something, it could be lag or bad framerate that makes your mouse stop as the game/video/whatnot stop.

Mer

The average wireless mouse lasts about one year before experiencing problems. You just need a new mouse. :l

I'm sorry, but what Ipwnall and Epyk's said is true.

Every cordless mouse that I have used has some delay time, especially cheap ones. It's just something you can't fix normally. It's what you get when you have the wireless option.

If it's at all possible, and your willing to spend some dough, get a corded option with the same features. It'll not only get rid of the jaggyness, it'll also be alot smoother with more precision.

Hoped it helped.
    [center:2wtks7im][/center:2wtks7im]
    [center:2wtks7im]Anybody want to learn Python/Pygame with me?

Feel free to get a hold of me via:
    }-- Email: Hbattlezone@gmail.com || Steam: [DD} Hbattlezone || Skype: Hbz --{

Or just PM me [/center:2wtks7im]