Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Enthusiast

Internet Problems

I've noticed this a few days back, when I was playing Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox live, and my connection kept going into the red area, when I'm usually green. After this happening for a few days, I decided to check out Speedtest.net/Pingtest.net and everything was fine. Always around 10 ping, and a fairly high Download speed, and okay upload speed.

I checked again after playing a game of Mw2, and the Download/Upload speeds were about the same, but the ping had gone up to about 300-500ish range. The only way I can get it back down is by resetting the router and Modem.

I have no idea why this is happening, any ideas?

EDIT: Oh wait, I might be wrong, It seems the internet moves up to the 300-500ish area about 30 minutes after resetting the router. Still, I need help.
    [center:2nf8ts7e]Xbl: Killer Noodlez|Psn: Belowxero| Steam: Belowxero94[/center:2nf8ts7e]

Veteran Enthusiast LeadingManNigel's Avatar

Re: Internet Problems

I had this exact same issue before just about a week ago, I just reset my router and changed my NAT to open. That seemed to fix it.

Enthusiast

Re: Internet Problems

I'm sure that can't be it, I have all my Nat settings set up correctly.
    [center:2nf8ts7e]Xbl: Killer Noodlez|Psn: Belowxero| Steam: Belowxero94[/center:2nf8ts7e]