Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Devoted Veteran

Virus disabling my ability to google?

I've picked up an odd bug somehow that makes it so when I try clicking links on google, it redirects me to the following site:

http://uniqsearch8.com/

(I have not tried clicking any of the links there, so I'm not sure whether or not they are harmful. Just be warned)

I can get around it by clicking on the cached pages that google has and by directly pasting the URL into my search bar, but it's still extremely irritating. I've tried running AVG to no avail, and it's actually disabled Malwarebyte's Antimalware which some research tells me is the best method to get rid of it. My real request here is that someone else does some research for me, not because I'm lazy but because it's extremely hard for me to.
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]

Re: Virus disabling my ability to google?

I found this on another forum. It might help:
    Alrighty then ... it seems with the help of a not-quite-working-so-well SpyBot S&D I have solved my problem. For the folks at CA here is the poop ....

SpyBot S&D found a trojan in my registry files by the name of Virtumondo.dll ... but every time I tried to get past that point in SpyBot, the program would lock up ... hack up a fur ball ... and would require me to manually end it. All this without removing the problem. However, it gave me its location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\TCPIP\Parameters\Interfaces\##ss## (letters and numbers). (and there were two locations with the same base registry name and different numbers at the end).

When I investigated the registry entry, there was a server address present that I didn't recognize ... 77.74.48.113 (BADBADBAD).

Since I was afraid to delete the entry, I played with changing the server address to my default. Wallah. My system runs faster, cleaner, and no redirects within Yahoo or Google.

Now here's hoping that there isn't something still embedded in my system that isn't going to redo this heinous act ... and cause me to get more grey hairs.
    See You Space Honkboy...

Fanatic Enthusiast

I would say Google it..but..heh.
    would this work?
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 232AAwQ2oC

http://www.spywareremovalblog.com/remov ... arch8-com/
    ^i dont know about that one... :/

[center:3hg7t8om]|| Short Stories || Thread ||

[tn=200:3hg7t8om]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m22y6idXGM1r22qc9o3_250.gif[/tn:3hg7t8om][/center:3hg7t8om]

Enthusiast

System restore fixes all. You just may lose a lot.

MEn

Quote Originally Posted by Lerky
    System restore fixes all. You just may lose a lot.
    Which is otherwise a bad decision.

It's malware, MalwareBytes gogogo.
    Quote Originally Posted by cold_sausage
    tht is a 2 word post pls add more 2 yor comment or i will report you to the mods

i dun think this is real just fake

I've had the same problem. For me it was a trojan, which was located in the windows>system32 folder. I'm sure it was actually 3 trojans, under filename a,b,c or something like that. You might want to use another search engine (if it works) to find out more info. If your complete system scan comes up with nothing (I would also suggest getting Avira since AVG Free isn't very reliable), then the virus most likely changed the registry entry. And yes, most of the sites you will get redirected to are harmful.
    The virus is most likely a Trojan, if your computer is also running slower than usual or anything like that.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Devoted Veteran

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot I made this thread. Shortly after I made it my computer shut down and now whenever I log on it logs right back off, I've decided to just take it in somewhere.
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]