Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Running Games

Dedicated Member

Running Games

I'm considering getting a graphics card for my computer to run higher end games. However, I have little to no experience with how computers actually work. My question is if I were to buy a decent graphics card could I run games a lot better? I have, I think 1 gig of ram and my computer is about 3 years old. Also, what graphics card would be good? Thanks guys.
    [center:1omt0ts6][/center:1omt0ts6]

Re: Running Games

There are many variables, what kind of RAM do you have? DDR1/2/3? The type of RAM that you can use is dependant on the motherboard you have, which also defines what kind of GPUs you can use, due to the bus (AGP, PCI, PCI-E)

To make it short, you need to post detailed specs of your machine if you want suggestions.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xemozu
    There are many variables, what kind of RAM do you have? DDR1/2/3? The type of RAM that you can use is dependant on the motherboard you have, which also defines what kind of GPUs you can use, due to the bus (AGP, PCI, PCI-E)

To make it short, you need to post detailed specs of your machine if you want suggestions.
    I'm not at my computer right now so I couldn't really tell you :/
    I'll be sure to get them up in the next few days though
    [center:1omt0ts6][/center:1omt0ts6]

Putting a brand new card in an old system wont bear the best results- as your motherboard will be outdated if your computer is old.

Really you should put off upgrading little parts and buy a new budget PC, then upgrade from there. You'll get better results although it'll cost a little bit more.