Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Voice Isolation

Tim

Voice Isolation

How do I go about isolating (it doesn't have to be perfect) the vocals of a song? I've Googled it and I have found some methods that will, theoretically, work, but they are quite extensive and complicated (involving splitting the song into left and right and finding the centre of the stereo because, in most cases, the vocals are found in the centre). If anyone could link me to a simple tutorial or give me simple step by step instructions on how to go about doing this, I'd be really grateful (possibly using Audacity?).

Re: Voice Isolation

Doesn't work like that. The complicated method is the ONLY method. Isolating anything from a track is relatively complicated. Your best bet is to look for the vocals sung by someone else, separate.

Tim

Re: Voice Isolation

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Doesn't work like that. The complicated method is the ONLY method. Isolating anything from a track is relatively complicated. Your best bet is to look for the vocals sung by someone else, separate.
    I think I can do the complicated method, it'll just take some time. I was hoping for an easier method even though I knew in the back of my mind that there really only was one method. Thanks.

Edit: I still want to leave this open. Is somebody able to give me step by step instructions on the process of isolating something in a track?