Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got scammed.

Banned

I got scammed.

Alright, so on Friday I gave 10 to this guy for some weed that he said he would get over the weekend, and give it to me on Monday. Today is Sunday, and he sends me this email:

"mate i'm seriously sorry about this but i got robbed, some guys saw me go in to get the stuff, saw the exchange, then pulled a knife, i'm sorry but i'm not getting stabbed for drugs, i lost a tenners worth of mine as well so we both got fucked, sorry man."

Now, I'm not one to assume things, but chances are likely that he is lying. Seeing as I have no justification to support that though, I'm not going to call him out as a liar, but regardless, if it were true, he still owes me the weed, or at least my 10 back.

So, what should I say to him? What if he refuses to give my money/weed?

Oh, by the way, this isn't your cue to educate me on drugs and why I shouldn't do them. I got that off of Yahoo Answers. Just please, if you're not going to answer my question properly, don't do it at all.

Thanks in advance.

Devoted Veteran

Re: I got scammed.

It's usually not a good idea to front somebody the money for drugs, I got ripped a couple times doing that. I'm not sure what you should say to him, though. I'd just tell him you either need your money back, or your stuff. Yar

Start buying from people who are closer to you (if any of them smoke..)

I realize your losses are justified, and I apologize. I hope they don't come around again to steal more. But I still lack my payment. Your loss doesn't justify my lack of money, and I want to be repaid. You can pay me next month and take your time to make some money again, but I want my 10 pounds.

Basically, tell him:
    • You feel sorry for him being robbed.[/*:m:1gvy6pbc]
    • You want your money back, because he needs to pay whether he was robbed or not.[/*:m:1gvy6pbc]
    • That you may wait, but not for long.[/*:m:1gvy6pbc]

If you're nice about it, then you should be able to bounce back and forth a bit and he'll give in. If you're a bit direct and not-so-nice, he'll probably tell you to fuck off. My guess is that he'll probably tell you to fuck off in either case, but let's both hope he doesn't.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

The number 1 rule:Always get The drugs up front.When They say I'll have by Tomorrow,Friday,Monday,Ect.They are most likely Lying to you.
    (According to my 19 Year old Brother)
    Always make sure that they Actually have the Weed with them.And if they are in a rush to get the Weed or Money,They are most likely a cop.
    There is nothing you really can do without getting the Law on your Ass. "cept or beating them up. And NOT killing them..

You deserve to be 10 down for letting some random take your money and say they'll get back to you at a later date.

Go brick his house, or tell him you want your money, and you'll fuck him up if he doesn't deliver. Is he older/bigger than you?

You could try saying "I don't care, get my money back, or the weed." and see what is reply is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    You deserve to be 10 down for letting some random take your money and say they'll get back to you at a later date.

Go brick his house, or tell him you want your money, and you'll fuck him up if he doesn't deliver. Is he older/bigger than you?

You could try saying "I don't care, get my money back, or the weed." and see what is reply is.
    He will most likely Come out with a Gun...

Veteran Enthusiast LeadingManNigel's Avatar

That's your fault for buying drugs in the first place. If you don't care about what it does to you then at least get it from a credible source, I don't use drugs but I know 2-3 reliable people to get it from. If he refuses to give you nothing there is no way to get anything unless your willing to risk your life for it. Its just money let it go and move one. People don't die from drugs anymore now they just end up on YouTube riding a skateboard,blindfolded while juggling three loaded guns from a moving vehicle.

Okay, you're stupid for giving your money to someone to buy you something, let's get that straight.
    What you could have done is just before or after school on Friday, you could have talked to the seller or tried to find him and you could have talked to him about getting what you need and set up a place to meet or something instead of lending money to someone that you possibly didn't even know, etc.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaPivotGOD
    Quote Originally Posted by Skype

He will most likely Come out with a Gun...
    I doubt such a small time dealer who mugs people off for money like that, has a gun.

Tim

Honestly? Cop it sweet.

Firstly, it's only 10. Secondly, I think you KNOW you could have gone about purchasing your drugs in a more reliable fashion. You purchased them of someone you hardly knew, who said he'd "give them to you later", if you paid him now. Really, really stupid decision, on your part, but I think you know that. I don't quite understand why you would bother asking DD about what to do to fix this situation, what kind of responses are you expecting? So far, I've seen suggestions involving empty threats, throwing bricks at windows (not quite sure if you were being serious there, Skype) and "beating them up and NOT killing them".

I'm not into the whole drug scene, but I have enough common sense to know that you made the wrong decision here (I'm sure you know that too) and, unless you're willing to go to extremely stupid lengths to claim either your weed or your 10, there isn't too much you can do about this. So, I'll say it again, cop it sweet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast