Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    New Lunar Republic Princess Luna's Avatar

Wii Wi-Fi Connection Bandwidth?

I just got my Wii yesterday and am prepared to connect it to the internet. I have one question before I do so, how much bandwidth will the Wii take up using the internet? I don't want to exceed the bandwidth limit yet I would like to play on the internet.

Spoiler:
    Late-2006 - Started using Pivot.
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.
    12 Aug/2011 - Returned to Beginner rank.
    20 Oct/2012 - Returned to DarkDemon.

Re: Wii Wi-Fi Connection Bandwidth?

The Wii's connection is much like MSN. It sends small packets through your server and forces you to receive other small packets. Using this logic, I'd say the Wii takes about 50% more bandwidth than your msn, which is less per day than browsing this forum.

Unless you're pushing to the edge of your bandwidth limit every month, you should be fine to use the Wii's Wi-Fi.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ecstasy
    The Wii's connection is much like MSN. It sends small packets through your server and forces you to receive other small packets. Using this logic, I'd say the Wii takes about 50% more bandwidth than your msn, which is less per day than browsing this forum.

Unless you're pushing to the edge of your bandwidth limit every month, you should be fine to use the Wii's Wi-Fi.
    Thus the Wii takes a rather small amount of bandwidth?

Spoiler:
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.

Correct. The largest amount of bandwidth is taken up is when you're updating to a new system vers. You don't have to worry.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ecstasy
    Correct. The largest amount of bandwidth is taken up is when you're updating to a new system vers. You don't have to worry.
    Thanks cat! My question is answered! ;D

No problem dog.

Spoiler: