Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Bad Paint BG's

Bad Paint BG's

I like to make a lot of my BGs in paint, but when I put them into pivot and then save it as a .gif, the colors always mess up. This, the original turns into This, the peice of crap Does anybody have any tips that might stop this from happening?

This should be in the Help Center. Uncheck Pallete when you save as a .gif. : /

Espanyo- Sure should, *moved.

save the origional as a GIF file to see how it will turn out when you save the animation as a GIF
    either work with the GIF standard colors, or save each frame as a bitmap and import into flash

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch
    That works?

My Thread of Pivots<---(no) New updates
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo
    Oh my god, its Yackemflaber!
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch

Espanyo- Sure should, *moved.
    I already had pallete unchecked, sorry I should have clarified that, and I put it in Pivot Chat becuase it is a problem with Pivot... :])

EDIT: Ok, I tried Yackemflabers idea and it turned out like this...not very good, any other ideas?

Backgrounds are turned into very simple image files, so you can only use the colors in the default pallette (the 36 or however many). Any other colors are sort of "rounded off" to the nearest pallette colors.

In short, recolor it with the default palette and it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashdood
    Backgrounds are turned into very simple image files, so you can only use the colors in the default pallette (the 36 or however many). Any other colors are sort of "rounded off" to the nearest pallette colors.

In short, recolor it with the default palette and it should work.
    But wouldnt you think that unchecking the pallete box would fix that, I thought that was what it was there for. Or is that only for .stks?

Quote Originally Posted by B4R1 B4N6
    But wouldnt you think that unchecking the pallete box would fix that, I thought that was what it was there for. Or is that only for .stks?
    Nope, won't do anything. When you import the BG, it is immediately resampled; saving the anim with pallette unchecked doesn't do anything because it's already been resampled to simplified colors. Like I said, recoloring it is your best bet; just stick to the pallette.

Err...All right, well, this can be locked now, thanks for helping.