Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Dihedral Angle and Fluid Dynamics

Can you give me an explanation on those two things in layman terms?
    By the way, this is based on aerodynamics.
    [center:2ip4lcj2][tn=300:2ip4lcj2]http://i.imgur.com/ZlNjl.gif[/tn:2ip4lcj2][/center:2ip4lcj2]

Devoted Veteran

Re: Dihedral Angle and Fluid Dynamics

You want... members from Darkdemon to explain aerodynamics to you? SERIOUSLY? Either hope Matt comes along and is feeling generous or get your ass on Wikipedia.

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Re: Dihedral Angle and Fluid Dynamics

Errr...could you be more specific? I don't know much about aerospace engineering, so a dihedral angle means nothing to me other than it being the angle between two planes. I could explain it in terms of linear algebra or something, but I don't think that's what you're looking for.

As for fluid dynamics, there's no way to describe it in layman's terms. I've taken 5 classes in fluid mechanics, and pretty much all of them have dealt with dynamics only. With that in mind, I still can't really describe it to you. It helps you figure out what happens when fluids move. That's it. Pretty much all fluid dynamics breaks down into distinguishing different types of fluid flows, and then using that information to work with equations and predict movement. Even that's pushing it as far as assumptions go, so if I got into any more depth without getting technical I would probably get shot by my professors.

If you want to learn about the Navier-Strokes equations I could help you out since I actually know a lot about those and they're kind of broad, but I don't consider topics on differential equations to be in layman's terms.
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]