Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    New Lunar Republic Princess Luna's Avatar

How to record your games on the Wii?

I kinda feel like recording some my games on the Wii. But how do I do it or what do I need to get? And I don't want to record with my camera.

Spoiler:
    Late-2006 - Started using Pivot.
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.
    12 Aug/2011 - Returned to Beginner rank.
    20 Oct/2012 - Returned to DarkDemon.

Re: How to record your games on the Wii?

http://hardware.teamxbox.com/reviews/ge ... VC1410/p1/
    That's one of the more useful devices that could be used for recording video games, as well as doing other interesting things

But there is another techniques to do this that can be done without buying any fancy electronics.

Hook up your DVD player. Make sure it's connected into the TV, now take your console and hook it up to your DVD player. It should have coloured inputs that resemble your television's. Now turn on your DVD player, TV and Wii. Switch to the right input and make sure you can see your Wii playing on it. When you are ready to record, put a blank DVD in your DVD player and click "record" on the side. Now whatever you see on your TV screen will be recorded to the DVD. After you're done, hit "record" on the side. Make sure it stops and everything is fine and dandy. Insert the DVD into your computer and rip it with a DVD ripping program.

Edit: yeah, find and buy a capture card. There's a lot less hassle and you'll usually end up with a higher quality video.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Alternatively, capture card, like what other people use with their consoles. Only problem is this can be pricey.

New Lunar Republic Princess Luna's Avatar

Wow, both are pricey. o.o I'll probably won't be getting those for quite a while. Well thanks for telling me what I need to record games.

Spoiler:
    Late-2006 - Started using Pivot.
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.
    12 Aug/2011 - Returned to Beginner rank.
    20 Oct/2012 - Returned to DarkDemon.

Devoted Veteran

Use a cell phone camera, that's what all the pros on youtube do.
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]