Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Dedicated Member

general animating question

ok, i need some advice from experienced animators, like high inter or vet or something.

does the animation look less choppy if you dont really have much frames for the impact like so: fast fight. or like this, where i have added more emphesis on the speed: normal fight.

please help, i personally think the second way is much more effective, but what does a better animator think?

Enthusiast

I'm not high inter or vet, but the second way is definitely wayyy better looking in my opinion.

[add me @ jjknox@gmail.com]

I'm not intern or vet yet, I never made an animation thread. I'd go with the second way, looks much better.

I'm inter. (As of January, lol)
    Yeah, the second is lots better.

lol yeah not even Close to Inter even but the second way looks a lot better because if you dont add atleast one frame after the impact then it lookes like you never hit the guy I used to do that when I first started = )
    [center:161o6f51]LET'S BREAK OUT THE SHOTGUNS WE'RE GOING TO TOWN![/center:161o6f51]
    [center:161o6f51][/center:161o6f51]

Enthusiast

Definitely not limited to how many frames you are using. I mean, if you try to make that animation in two frames it won't work of course. Just use how many frames would feel natural.

But when animating, do focus on the speed at which things are moving, as in the second one. If you use three times as many frames, spaced at a constant distance, you will not be animating realisticly. You'd have that missing factor (speed).

EDIT: Take a look at your avatar. It'd be crap if you moved the axe out at the same distance each frame.

Click here to find my latest old Pivot animations.
    Click here to find my good old Pivot animations.