Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Now What?

Now What?

I've registered my domain name, now how do i manage the files and folders and whatnot? Do i have to suscribe to something else? I can't edit the site.

You have to have a server to host your files on before you can build your site, registering the domain will only give you the name of the site, not a place to host it off of.

I don't really know much about web building, so I'm not the best person to ask, but I know it's quite a bit of work, especially if you don't really know what you're doing (like me)

lol yeah you need a server too and to know of HTML and stuff = )
    very confusing stuff ask DarkDemon about some of your questions he probably knows about it = )
    [center:161o6f51]LET'S BREAK OUT THE SHOTGUNS WE'RE GOING TO TOWN![/center:161o6f51]
    [center:161o6f51][/center:161o6f51]

lol, yeah im quite a newbie to this. Yes i know HTML, i've studied it for 3 years running. I just need to add the files and stuff. And now another help thread locked, thanks for helping!

Just add alittle something here,

DD use's Deadicated servers so basically there are no other non permitted DD sites running on them, expensive but we need the speed here at DD. Not your best option

I say go with shared hosting as your going first time.

- Adam

Theres also VPN etc, once you have your hosting account your new hosting company will provide the nameservers to enter into your domain controls which will link your domain to your new hosting package.