Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

fl studio's recording

with the new fl studio 9, i find that your unable to select an input for recording for when you use you keyboard for your comp. so how can I get it so I can do that? I know in previous fl studio, you were able to record in fl studio, but ever since the 9 coming out, theres no choice. all there is mono HD and stereo HD blah.

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

Re: fl studio's recording

Quote Originally Posted by Acer
    with the new fl studio 9, i find that your unable to select an input for recording for when you use you keyboard for your comp. so how can I get it so I can do that? I know in previous fl studio, you were able to record in fl studio, but ever since the 9 coming out, theres no choice. all there is mono HD and stereo HD blah.
    I don't understand what you mean. You can select recording devices you just have to have them plugged in, any drivers installed, and make sure your sound card's drivers are up to date.

i'm talking about directly through my laptop's keyboard, before hand they had that ability, but all they have now it the external mic as the recording device, there's no other choices and my sound card is up to date.

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

i'm talking about directly through my laptop's keyboard, before hand they had that ability, but all they have now it the external mic as the recording device, there's no other choices and my sound card is up to date.
    OH you mean using your keyboard as an actual keyboard? Easy.

[tn=700:2t6va4ca]http://yourimg.in/i/ywh467im.png[/tn:2t6va4ca]

Turn that on and then just smash your keyboard and listen to the goodness

lol, i know that part, but I want to record while using my keyboard, but theres no input for straight record, i have that selected, but with these options
    [tn=700:3oah6m82]http://www.hostmyfilez.com/i/00000/a8hulyss33wm.png[/tn:3oah6m82]

All have to choose to record into is my mic, which i don't want since when I'm playing through my keyboard, you get all the sound of my house and me typing while playing the notes.lol.

Okay I still don't know what you're talking about. Do you want to use your laptop keyboard to record notes, or do you want to use a midi keyboard to record notes?

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Okay I still don't know what you're talking about. Do you want to use your laptop keyboard to record notes, or do you want to use a midi keyboard to record notes?
    He wants to record what he is doing on his keyboard.

record notes with laptop key board.

Why not use the Piano Roll? It's much simpler and easier than what you're trying to explain.

[center:akkfv4h7][/center:akkfv4h7]

[center:akkfv4h7]"Fuck off bitch, I've got legos to construct."[/center:akkfv4h7]

record notes with laptop key board.
    Change the "in" to "none", and then tick the box I told you to above. You don't need to set an input in the mixer to use your keyboard as a piano.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast