Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Counter Strike Source not starting

Whenever I try to open up Counter Strike, it goes straight to validating the steam files. When it does that, it loads up to 22% then says the steam servers are too bus to handle my request. I'ts been doing this since the new update, and this has also affected TF2 as well. They both won't run properly anymore, I need help getting them start up, and google isn't giving me and answers.

Help?

[center:akkfv4h7][/center:akkfv4h7]

[center:akkfv4h7]"Fuck off bitch, I've got legos to construct."[/center:akkfv4h7]

Re: Counter Strike Source not starting

Help section

If you haven't deleted the game files and then redownloaded it, then that's probably the foolproof way of solving it. If not, then try starting it in offline mode. If you have source sdk, try refreshing sdk content. CSS uses materials from the sourcesdk base folder, so that may be what's affecting it.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Well, if you say TF2 is having the problem as well, it just so happens CSS got updated to the TF2 Source engine. I'm not sure how to fix this, just thought that information may help.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadda
    Help section

If you haven't deleted the game files and then redownloaded it, then that's probably the foolproof way of solving it. If not, then try starting it in offline mode. If you have source sdk, try refreshing sdk content. CSS uses materials from the sourcesdk base folder, so that may be what's affecting it.
    I tried to delete and re-install like you said, but now it won't install. It is still giving me the "Steam servers are too busy to handle your request" message. Same goes for TF2.

[center:akkfv4h7]"Fuck off bitch, I've got legos to construct."[/center:akkfv4h7]

MEn

Delete/rename ClientRegistry.blob in your Steam folder. Start up steam and let it update.
    Quote Originally Posted by cold_sausage
    tht is a 2 word post pls add more 2 yor comment or i will report you to the mods

i dun think this is real just fake

Quote Originally Posted by MEn
    Delete/rename ClientRegistry.blob in your Steam folder. Start up steam and let it update.
    Tried it; didn't work.

h4x0r

I know this sounds a bit odd but have you tried changing your download location? Also try installing source SDK again since what yadda said etc. Though I would try reinstalling both games to see if that helps. And if it doesn't let you download try what I first said to change your D/L location. Also Nour if you need anymore help just message me on Steam.

Well, the source SDK had no effect and changing the download region didn't do anything either. So I ultimately re-installed Steam and now they're installing perfectly fine. If anyone would like to lock this thread, you can go ahead and do that now.

Tim

Locked.