Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Steam/ Counter Strike Help

I bought a copy of C:SS, but I didn't get it through Steam. I was wondering if it was possible to 'integrate' it into my steam account. Like view it from my library, see which friends are playing, and join steam servers.
    Any help?
    [center:27415fu2]Thread[/center:27415fu2]

Re: Steam/ Counter Strike Help

Quote Originally Posted by Swagg
    I bought a copy of C:SS, but I didn't get it through Steam. I was wondering if it was possible to 'integrate' it into my steam account. Like view it from my library, see which friends are playing, and join steam servers.
    Any help?
    If you bought a copy of css and it didn't install steam during the installation process, it's not a legal / legit copy.

^Either way, go to your library and click "Add a game..." and find the shortcut for CSS. You can at least launch it from Steam and have the Steam overlay while playing then.
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

Quote Originally Posted by Picto
    ^Either way, go to your library and click "Add a game..." and find the shortcut for CSS. You can at least launch it from Steam and have the Steam overlay while playing then.
    If the version isn't legit, he wont be able to use steam-features with the non-steam game.

@Skype: I don't think my brother knows how to torrent. I have a steam bought copy myself,and he just got it. We wanted to play together, and it'd simply be easier to do through steam. I'll ask him.

@Picto: I got it in my library, so I can launch it from steam, but I can't get the overlay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagg
    @Skype: I don't think my brother knows how to torrent. I have a steam bought copy myself,and he just got it. We wanted to play together, and it'd simply be easier to do through steam. I'll ask him.
    CSS is made by the people who made and maintain steam. When you install CSS it installs and integrates with steam, it even asks you to make an account lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Skype
    Quote Originally Posted by Picto
    If the version isn't legit, he wont be able to use steam-features with the non-steam game.
    I know, I was just telling him how far he could integrate his version with Steam if it wasn't legit. Which would exclude Steam servers, Steam updates etc, you know the deal.
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

Alright guys, thanks for the help. Doesn't appear to be any more I can do.
    Lock her up.