Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

even bigger proxy problem thing

god effing damnit. our main computer don't have any problems with this, but I'm having trouble connecting to internet with Yahoo! Messenger, MSN, Google Chrome, Steam and other stuff on my laptop. I can connect to firefox and shit, but not others.

http://yourimg.in/i/30507u.png

I had that problem earlier in Firefox, now this shows up in YM

http://yourimg.in/i/b6d455.png

Devoted Veteran

Re: even bigger proxy problem thing

You may want to check the exceptions list in your firewall. Somewhere along the line they might have been blocked. You can figure out how to do that with a bit of googling.
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]

Quote Originally Posted by ipwnall
    You may want to check the exceptions list in your firewall. Somewhere along the line they might have been blocked. You can figure out how to do that with a bit of googling.
    I unblocked them and nothing happened :c

Devoted Veteran

Do you have proper virus protection? Often times viruses will disable network privileges to specific programs, so it's possible you picked one up that's restricting programs other than firefox.

It does seem strange that nothing works EXCEPT firefox though... If you have anti-virus programs like Kaspercy (sp?), they occasionally have their own firewalls separate from the default windows ones, so you may want to look into your virus protection software to see if there's anything like that.

If all else fails, try out a system restore to a point where the listed programs DID work and see if that fixes anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ipwnall
    Do you have proper virus protection? Often times viruses will disable network privileges to specific programs, so it's possible you picked one up that's restricting programs other than firefox.

It does seem strange that nothing works EXCEPT firefox though... If you have anti-virus programs like Kaspercy (sp?), they occasionally have their own firewalls separate from the default windows ones, so you may want to look into your virus protection software to see if there's anything like that.

If all else fails, try out a system restore to a point where the listed programs DID work and see if that fixes anything.
    Yeah, my parents installed Kaspersky here. But it was looooong time ago, it just happened right now.

Any idea how to allow programs through the Kasperksy Anti-Virus 2009? (it won't update, that's why it's 2009 :[)
    If not, then I'll try system restore.

Devoted Veteran

No, I've actually never used the program, I just know it has it's own firewall system. I'm sure you could find out how via google, or you could just uninstall the program altogether. (I've really never heard good things about it anyway).