Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    oxymoron

Computer randomly restarting

My computer keeps restarting without any given reason. My screen just goes black and then it starts up again without giving me a reason why he did it. Is this a virus? Am I using too much memory? Too many programs opened up?

I honestly have no clue so if you know why this could happen, or how to solve it, please let me know.

Re: Computer randomly restarting

Could be the fan, same thing used to happen with my old computer all the time. Just check if there's any dust in the fan, if there is use a vaccum to clean it out. Might not be the problem but it's worth a try.
    [center:2ko3y71e][/center:2ko3y71e]

if its too hot my pc does the same

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Ward
    My computer keeps restarting without any given reason. My screen just goes black and then it starts up again without giving me a reason why he did it. Is this a virus? Am I using too much memory? Too many programs opened up?

I honestly have no clue so if you know why this could happen, or how to solve it, please let me know.
    Could it be that it's overheating? If so, just keep it off for a while. If it happens again make sure to get rid of any dust that may be collecting around the cpu, just brush it down with some compressed air. If it's not that, try checking to see if everything is plugged in correctly and securely. It happened to me all the time, usually it's just the video card getting too hot or the CPU getting too hot.

h4x0r

CPU is overheating, GPU's downclock themselves to save their own lives though if it gets too hot it will do it also. Buy a cooling solution for your comp.