Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Folder Error (RocketDock)

I installed Rocket Dock today, and immediately moved all of my desktop icons and shortcuts into the dock, including a folder that has a lot of my files, programs, and music. I also moved all of my shortcuts into it, before clearing my desktop. Now, I can't open the file from my dock.

Screenshot

I've tried opening documents and other folders from the this folder through other
    locations on my computer, but they all give me the same error message.

Is there any way that I could recover the contents of the folder?
    Please help, thanks in advance.

Re: Folder Error (RocketDock)

You've probably already done it, but search for the thing you're missing. Or if its freware reinstall it.

You put every folder in your Rocketdock as a "shortcut". Much like a shortcut on your desktop links to Firefox, but isn't Firefox itself. This means that none of the folders were actually placed in Rocketdock, only links to the folders were.

If you deleted every folder thinking that they were all place in RocketDock, then you just deleted all your folders. Lol. Install Recuva and do a scan of your hard drive. Then you'll see all the files you've deleted. Click "restore". It'll bring back every file it can.

If you moved all the folders to your documents or some out-of-way place, have fun moving them back to their original positions. or you can drag the folders from that place to Rocketdock and maintain the shortcuts.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

I'll run Recuva and see what it can do, I don't have any other backups of my folders.
    Thanks a lot for helping, Darky. I guess the problem is solved at this point, if everything is deleted.

Let's leave this open, post an update after you get some results.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Recuva managed to pull back most of my missing files. I've only permanently lost a few things that I can replace or don't need. Problem solved, thanks Darky. You can lock this now.