Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Windows 7 help.

Windows 7 help.

Ok, I got windows 7 a couple days ago, yeah it's awesome etc.

So I downloaded pivot and when I make animations and sticks and all that, I save them in specific folders. So like a base would be put in stickfigures folder, and then put in a bases folder. But whenever I create a new folder, it has a lock icon on it. THe same goes for any sort of stick/animation. It has this weird littel lock thing next to the icon. As shown here:

And basically, whenever I try to upload an animation as a .piv or a .gif, the animation doesn't show up. Hell, the entire folder doesn't show. Also, when I go into Program Files (x86), the folders don't show up. It is only when I am in Pivot that the folders with the animations show up.

So is there a simple little way to get rid of those little lock icons on folders and animations?

i love coffee because nothing wakes me up better than scalding the inside of my face and the urge to violently shit myself

Re: Windows 7 help.

I have the same problem. If you want to get rid of the locks, here's what you can do:
    1. Create a folder in your documents called "Pivot Stickfigure Animator."[/*:m:19cepkb5]
    2. In the folder, add 2 new folders, the "Animations" and "Stickfigures" folders.[/*:m:19cepkb5]
    3. From Pivot, open up and re-save all of your files into these folders.[/*:m:19cepkb5]
    4. Once you've resaved your pivot files into your documents, create a shortcut of the folder
      "Pivot Stickfigure Animator" that's in your documents.[/*:m:19cepkb5]
    5. Cut and paste that shortcut back into C:\Program Files\Pivot Stickfigure Animator[/*:m:19cepkb5]
    6. From now on, save your .pivs and .stks into this folder.[/*:m:19cepkb5]

Sweet. Thanks man

Lock pl0x

i love coffee because nothing wakes me up better than scalding the inside of my face and the urge to violently shit myself

Tim

Unlocked, as requested.

Thanks Tim.

Anyway, whenever I save something in those folders, the actual .stks and .pivs have the little lock sign, and so, I cannot find them. Does anyone have a clue on how to delete those little lock things?

Got it from google: "I successfully removed the lock Icon on a test folder by opening security tab and giving the group "Users" full permision."

Quote Originally Posted by Xemozu
    Got it from google: "I successfully removed the lock Icon on a test folder by opening security tab and giving the group "Users" full permision."
    I don't have the group "Users".

What you need to do is to gain ownership of those files. It's pretty easy, I can't remember from the top of my head but you have to right click, go to security tab and edit some stuff there so you can gain full permission of those files and folders. Just type "how to take ownership in windows 7" and loads of tutorials will show up.
    [center:313vnxms]DarkIce -> Kultivate -> Xehanort > Ruben -> DarkIce -> ULTRA1337piv0tz[/center:313vnxms]

This is fucking retarded. I did what it said on the how to take ownership thing, but it turns out, i was already the owner... and the lock icon is still on.