Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Enthusiast

Monitor, keyboard and mouse not working at boot.

Hey guys, I've got a bit of a problem on my hands right now. I've just built a new computer, and it's been working good for the most part, but I've run into a few problems.

First off, once I got everything up and running, I had a problem playing games. I used Alien Swarm to test, and kept BSODing, where I got a page_fault_in_nonpaged_area error thingy. After, I started to get a bad_pool_header BSOD. I tried re-installing Windows 7, and everything seems to be working fine now. I haven't tried Alien Swarm, but CSS, and Torchlight seem to work great. Now, when I tried booting up my computer this morning, it would turn on, but I had no signal of my monitor, and my keyboard/mouse wasn't on. I got it all too work after unplugging everything, and restarting a few times. It took awhile, but everything is working fine right now. This was also happening to be when I was having the eariler problems, but I didn't really take notice to it, because I was worried about everything else.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Here's some specs just in case.

Video card: Radeon 5770 HD
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 870A-UD3
    Processor: Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
    RAM: CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMV4GX3M2A1333C9
    [center:2nf8ts7e]Xbl: Killer Noodlez|Psn: Belowxero| Steam: Belowxero94[/center:2nf8ts7e]

Re: Monitor, keyboard and mouse not working at boot.

Are you sure your power supply has enough watts to power everything?

Enthusiast

Re: Monitor, keyboard and mouse not working at boot.

Yup, I'm sure of that.

EDIT: Okay guys, I've got an update here. The machine booted up fine this morning, which wasn't surprising, because it works 50% of the time, but started crashing playing games. So, I decided to take out one stick RAM, just incase that was the problem, and to my joy, everything worked fine. I figured that the one stick I took out was faulty, but just incase I tried removing the working RAM (I'll call this one A...) and replaced it with the one I thought was broken (...and I'll call this one B). Everything was working fine! I was getting a little confused here, so I tried putting RAM A into each slot. I didn't try any games (which seems to crash the computer the most) but everything booted up fine, so I'm sure all the slots are good. I then tried putting both back in, and it crashed again! So, from what I can tell, it doesn't seem to work when I've got both sticks in there.

Does this pretty much narrow it down to the motherboard being the problem? If so, I'll return it, but I figured I'd better get some advice from you guys first.
    [center:2nf8ts7e]Xbl: Killer Noodlez|Psn: Belowxero| Steam: Belowxero94[/center:2nf8ts7e]