Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Internet

Devoted Veteran

Internet

Since I came on the internet the other day I've been having this weird problem. Certain sites don't load up, and if they do they have a problem. For example, I can load up DarkDemon just fine, but most of the links posted here and just empty spaces where the img should be. And Google is on my homepage, but sometimes I have to refresh once of twice for that to come up. When I go to YouTube, none of the videos seem to play, and most of the thumbnails are just blank squares with a little paper icon in the top left, same when I go to Facebook for peoples display pictures. And when I was looking for a solution to this error, a LOT of the sites took around 5 minutes just to load one page. Other things like MSN, Skype, WoW and online games seem to be working fine though, and speedtests give me pretty much the same speed as usual.

I've never had this trouble before now, and I've been with TalkTalk for over a year now. And it's happening on the family PC, my PC and my laptop.

Re: Internet

Try updating Flash Player? That's usually the problem with this sort of situation.

How much are you using your internet? That usually happens after excessive amounts of downloading, ie. torrenting and shit. Try using a different operating system / computer rig and see if the sites load fine on that one. They most likely will, as I've had this happen to me before. Don't bother switching programs around though, it's the internet and the operating system that are at fault here.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Devoted Veteran

I have been torrenting a lot, and I did think it had capped at 40gb, but surely that would effect my ability to play games too though?

Have you tried using a different browser?

Quote Originally Posted by Soap MacTavish
    I have been torrenting a lot, and I did think it had capped at 40gb, but surely that would effect my ability to play games too though?
    Games are constantly transferring tiny packages, much like torrents. The server is always connected and you're maintaining a regular constant stream. Web sites are generally larger packages that require reconnecting to the server with every request. The games shouldn't be affected too much after the initial login. But the web sites become generally slow every time you load a page.

Lay off the torrents for a while, it's a bitch to keep refreshing pages like that. And as suggested earlier try using a different machine and see what download speeds you get. When I switched from my crowded, torrent-filled Linux to Windows XP the other day I went from ~250kb/s average to ~1mb/s.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]