Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm back with more.

Sorry, need more help.

1.) FPS of a gif. file.

2.) Is there a direct link from the main DD site to the forums and vice versa?

3.) My friend updated his thread and it didn't go to the top of the list. Any explanations? (PM to firearmdude26 for questios)

Yeah, that's it. Thanks. Please let all the answers be answered before you lock the thread this time.

[quote: SmarterChild and me on MSN]- SmarterChild - says:
    A Friendly Creature

Joe and his poop were making to school when a red shit suddenly appeared in front of them. It ran up his leg and climbed into his pocket. The crappy creature poked its head out and looked around slowly. The people wished at the sight in amazement. Few had ever seen a bear trying to jog in someone's pocket before.[/quote]

Enthusiast

Re: I'm back with more.

Quote Originally Posted by pivoticvegeta
    Sorry, need more help.

1.) FPS of a gif. file.

2.) Is there a direct link from the main DD site to the forums and vice versa?

3.) My friend updated his thread and it didn't go to the top of the list. Any explanations? (PM to firearmdude26 for questios)

Yeah, that's it. Thanks. Please let all the answers be answered before you lock the thread this time.
    1) Up the fps when you save it in pivot using frame delay. I use four but alot of people seem to use seven. Also the higher the frame rate the more frames you need to avoid choppyness

2) From forums to front page click him at the top right corner. From Frontpage to forum click forum in the same spot.

3) A topic won't be bumpped up from an edit. You need to make a new reply to do that.

Happy to help

Ultimate Flash Tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd9824
    It wont end like that! read the bible
    And it wont end like that either. Read a brief history of time.

Wow, thanks! That helped alot. Frame delay is frame rate? I never noticed that button... thanks again. Sure, I'll that that to my friend.

A Friendly Creature

Joe and his poop were making to school when a red shit suddenly appeared in front of them. It ran up his leg and climbed into his pocket. The crappy creature poked its head out and looked around slowly. The people wished at the sight in amazement. Few had ever seen a bear trying to jog in someone's pocket before.[/quote]

Ham and cheese answered everything except your first question. The frames per second of a .gif file is different depending on the browser you're using. If you're using IE, the fastest FPS is 6. If you're using mozilla firefox (which you should be), the fastest FPS is 3. Windows can't play anything with a frame delay of 1 or 2, because it's just crap that way.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

I wish I had enough brainpower to manipulate what you JUST said. I have no idea even if I'm using the word right. Next post will be, no, you're not. Well, so how much frame delay is about the slowest speed on the FPS level of the pivot program?

A Friendly Creature

I wish I had enough brainpower to manipulate what you JUST said. I have no idea even if I'm using the word right. Next post will be, no, you're not. Well, so how much frame delay is about the slowest speed on the FPS level of the pivot program?
    Ok, the frame delay on a .gif is the amount of time in between every frame. So, if you had an animation at 6/100, the frames appear every 6 milliseconds. So the slowest one is 100, and the fastest is 1. But windows (your computer) can't play .gif animations correctly at 1 or 2 frames per second. So the fastest is 3. But it depends on what internet browser you're using. IE (internet explorer) can only play animations correctly from 6 to 100. Mozilla firefox (the better browser) can play animations from 3 to 100 FPS. Understand now?

But what framedelay about ranging from 6-100 is the same framerate as 7? like fps7? I know I'm stupid and I'm bothering you, but this would help me tremendously.

A Friendly Creature

But what framedelay about ranging from 6-100 is the same framerate as 7? like fps7? I know I'm stupid and I'm bothering you, but this would help me tremendously.
    You're not bothering me, I'm happy to help. Anyway, it's the same. 7 is 7.

Oh thank god, thanks. But if 7 is 7, then 33 isnt 33 cuz 100's the slowest... But i guess that pretty much answers my question. I'll use 6, lol. thanks alot baha.

A Friendly Creature

Wait that's not right. Much easier method:

to find FPS, you divide 100 by whatever number you put in the box. Presto, that is your FPS.

Myself, I'd check what I wrote before: numbers on the left are what you put in the box.
    Basic fps. scale chart:

1 - 100 fps - NEVER EVER USE THIS EVER FOREVER PERIOD. Way too fast for anyone to use properly.

2 - 50 fps - Again,it's just far too fast to use.

3 - ~33.3 fps - Still quite fast, but manageable. But Bamaboy is really the only one who uses this speed.

4 - 25 fps - Not manageable by inexperienced animators, but people who prefer a higher level of smoothness can use it.

5 - 20 fps - A typical speed of fairly experienced animators. 20 fps isn't that bad. :P

6 - ~16.6 fps - Used by most animators regardless of experience; 17 fps is a good all-around easy to use speed. If you leave the speed bar at normal in the Pivot program, and your ani looks fine at that speed, 6 is a good speed to use.

7 - ~14.3 fps - This tends to be a bit jerky, but is ok if you're still developing your smoothness.

8 - 12.5 fps - Again, a bit slow, but it's alright for the smoothness inexperienced.

9 - 11.1 - Still slower, not too great to use.

10 - 10 fps - This is pretty much the limit; 10 fps is rather jerky and sin't good to use.

11 fps -> 100 fps : 9.1 fps -> 1 fps - Any of these speeds should never be used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast