Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Capture Card

Enthusiast

Capture Card

Does anyone know a capture card under $400 that can be programmed to record different times. Say that I'm at school from 8AM-4PM, but I want to record a show from 10AM-11AM. Do you guys know any kind of capture card that can do this and record in preferably HD?
    LoL Username: Mmmmooooooooo

Re: Capture Card

Quote Originally Posted by Yakov Smirnoff
    Does anyone know a capture card under $400 that can be programmed to record different times. Say that I'm at school from 8AM-4PM, but I want to record a show from 10AM-11AM. Do you guys know any kind of capture card that can do this and record in preferably HD?
    Slingbox is the only thing that really comes to mind, and if you are in a different country, I wouldn't know if your cable provider would have them available or even sells them to their customers. However, if your country does do the Slingbox thing and you have access to the internet on an iTouch or even an iPhone, you can get the Slingbox Player app from the app store for I think 19USD and you can watch your recorded shows through that. If not however, I think Hauppauge PVRs have a function that allows you to record specific times, but I'm not sure.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

It's mostly TV services that offer these kinds of features. Things like freeview boxes, satellite like Sky, Virgin media.

Dunno what alternatives they have in the US but in the UK it's that simple

Well if you have dish or direct tv you sohuld be able to use Dvr