Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

My computer is choking on GIFs

I have a new, and rather nice, laptop that i got for my Game Design major. Its fully capable of displaying high resolution 3d graphics without lagging in the slightest.

But it cant handle a simple GIF image. GIFs tend to lag out, get jumpy, and just look all around awful. Im stumped as to why this is, anyone got any idea?

Flash
    Fail sigs available upon request.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Re: My computer is choking on GIFs

Quote Originally Posted by BenJ
    I have a new, and rather nice, laptop that i got for my Game Design major. Its fully capable of displaying high resolution 3d graphics without lagging in the slightest.

But it cant handle a simple GIF image. GIFs tend to lag out, get jumpy, and just look all around awful. Im stumped as to why this is, anyone got any idea?
    Your internet connection. While the GIF loads, it will jump lag a lot, but after the first loop, it should run fine. Does it still lag after looping through once?

Re: My computer is choking on GIFs

Quote Originally Posted by Strider
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJ

Your internet connection. While the GIF loads, it will jump lag a lot, but after the first loop, it should run fine. Does it still lag after looping through once?
    it did, yes. I just updated my drivers though, and it seems to be fixed.

and i thought about the loading too, but that wasnt it. i got crazy fast internet.

Flash
    Fail sigs available upon request.