Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: My Broken Xbox

Dedicated Member

My Broken Xbox

So my dad had messed around with the cable's that connect to my Xbox, and adaptor. He had taken out the cable that connect's to one end of the Xbox, and that connects to the other end of an adaptor. I, being the smart person I am, plugged one end into the Xbox, and the other into the outlet in the wall. Everything overpowered and turned off. I went into the basement, turned on the switch and went back up, to find everything working, except my xbox. Did I mention I heard a *POP* sound when I plugged my cable into the outlet?

So if anyone knows how to fix an xbox that has this kind of problem, please post here.

Oh and I live in Turkey, and had brung the xbox along with its cables from Canada. My dad had bought 2 adaptors for the tv to work and another for the xbox to work, or else everything would have gotten overpowered with electricity and would have stopped working.

PLEASE HELP.

Dedicated Member Faulty Cripple's Avatar

Re: My Broken Xbox

Hmm... maybe if you plugged it in and it stopped working, it burned/shocked a important chip or something in the xbox, either buy a new one or pay about just as much to get it repaired.
    I would go ahead and buy a new one.
    xbx is gud
    |Xbox GT: Faulty Cripple

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Graff
    Hmm... maybe if you plugged it in and it stopped working, it burned/shocked a important chip or something in the xbox, either buy a new one or pay about just as much to get it repaired.
    I would go ahead and buy a new one.
    agreed.
    it could be your adapter though - i had a similar occurrence once, and bought a new Xbox, but turned out it was the adapter, not the Xbox.
    now i've ended up with two of them.
    [center:nqgfv8bw][/center:nqgfv8bw]

[center:nqgfv8bw]Add me on Skype: Valium_DD[/center:nqgfv8bw]

Go to the local electrical repair shop and ask how much it would cost. But you still would be most likely better off to buy another one in Turkey (if they sell them there).
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

Sounds like you fried something in it, or like the others said it could be the adapter. Try it with another adapter before taking it to an electronics store.
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?