Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How Do I Create Redeem codes?

Can anybody please explain how I can make something on my site where when people purchase or donate they get a code to redeem and get something? Kind of like on DD when you get vip. If so what will I need?

Re: How Do I Create Redeem codes?

That is a tricky one, I wonder if it is possible in a free forum...
    center]I have no friends

[/center]

I'm guessing for forum only has around 100 members or so... anyway you could just receive a confirmation from Paypal or something, and then upgrade them using the ACP.
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

Stop trying to copy DD yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    I'm not trying to copy it, I also doubt that this is the only site that uses redeem codes so therefore it would not be copying it from this site unless I directly used redeem codes the same way this site uses them.

Quote Originally Posted by WiZZLEMAN
    I'm not trying to copy it, I also doubt that this is the only site that uses redeem codes so therefore it would not be copying it from this site unless I directly used redeem codes the same way this site uses them.
    Which you are.

Just go away. You use free forums, there's no way in hell, even with help, you'll be able to create a redeem code system like that.

Veteran Enthusiast

In the nicest, bluntest way I can convey; your Forum should have have over 100 members before you even think about subscription/payment based groups, and atleast 50 active members.

You currently have 42 members, and more usergroups than active members.

Devoted Veteran

You didn't even attempt to rename the sections like most copies do.

When I was referring copying, I merly summing it up with your forum. You are just too blindsighted to notice.

Just take a look at some of the sections, as Smore has stated you've not even bothered to rename some of them. It's practically a carbon copy, just a poor effort.

To answer your question which was rather too abstract which suggests you don't have much experience in this area you cannot provide a redeem facility given your current situation, that includes your free hosting.

Since it's pretty much impossible to implement into a free forum, and the means of doing this would probably be too complicated for you anyway, I might as well answer your question if you're still wondering. One method is to make each valid code follow a certain algorithm (eg the Luhn algorithm). Each string of numbers are calculated in a certain way, and if they equal a check number then they are deemed valid.

Another method is where a database full of "valid codes" Is created, and if the code entered by the user equals any of the codes in the database, the code is deemed valid and the code in the database is removed to prevent further use.

By the way, I've seen dozens of DD rip-off forums identical to yours, and they all fail miserably after a few months. I would stop leeching off other people's ideas, and actually create an original forum which has more chance of thriving.
    what is homo love?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast